Forums Latest Members
  1. JohnSteed Mar 28, 2019

will be in the old land I’m a couple hrs

Anyone has notes / suggestions of places to check out. Whistle tour really so only have a couple days in each place to find stuff vintage ((watches)) over next 6 days

Appreciate suggestions on food haunts, and of course vintage watches .... Cheers

gemini4 and BenBagbag like this.
  2. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Mar 28, 2019

Plenty of vintage in Israel. Antiquities that is. Safe trip Spencer!

BenBagbag and JohnSteed like this.
  3. JohnSteed Mar 29, 2019

Thx M!

4. izydor Mar 29, 2019

Can't help much with vintage except for the obvious place - flea market, Jaffa/Tel-Aviv. Re food, I'd avoid Dr. Shakshuka, it's overrated. I had a great breakfast at Bezzo Pizza (they also have tasty shakshuka) and pretty good hummus at Hummus Habayit (especially the one with... shakshuka). Also in Tel-Aviv, try Halva Kingdom (Carmel Market and another location I can't remember), even if you're not a fan of halva. :)

Amazing country. Enjoy your trip!

KingCrouchy and JohnSteed like this.
  5. JohnSteed Mar 29, 2019

Close to that market-cool! Will be walking around quite a bit next few days. Cheers

6. tamura Mar 29, 2019

:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:!!

7. ndgal Mar 29, 2019

There is no real market in Israel for vintage watches.
    Most Israelis prefer their watches brand new & shiny.
    There is only one store in Tel Aviv that focuses on vintage pieces:

[​IMG]

You could also find vintage pieces sprinkled here and there amongst the used watch dealer shops in Tel Aviv, but don’t expect anything crazy.
    There are many used watch dealers around the Diamond Exchange, but this area is a mess. Super crowded, crazy traffic, no parking, filthy, and you really have to know where you’re going.
    Not sure it’s going to be worth it to kill a day over there as most likely you’ll find nothing interesting.

Also keep in mind that prices in Israel on watches are on the higher side.

When it comes to food, here are some of my favorites that I never miss when I go home for a visit:

For my money, the best hummus in Israel:
    [​IMG]

Hotel Montefiore in Tel Aviv has an amazing restaurant, really one of the best in Tel Aviv and the service is always impeccable (make reservations)

[​IMG]

The Norman Hotel also has a couple of amazing restaurants (make reservations)

[​IMG]

Yafo Tel-Aviv restaurant is another great place:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur..._Aviv-Tel_Aviv_Tel_Aviv_District.html?m=19905

Machneyuda is probably the #1 restaurant in Jerusalem, not to be missed (make reservations today if you’re thinking of going there):

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...uda-Jerusalem_Jerusalem_District.html?m=19905

Really, so so many great food places all over the country. Too many to list.

Vintage watches... Not so much...

Enjoy!

Edited Mar 29, 2019
  8. JohnSteed Mar 29, 2019

Great! Thanks for these awesome choices and suggestions!!

9. ndgal Mar 29, 2019

You’re welcome!
    And if you do end up visiting Gothelf watches, not much is on display, so ask Akiva to pull out the good stuff from the back... ;)

gemini4 and JohnSteed like this.
  10. JohnSteed Mar 29, 2019

Good stuff guys many thanks

11. Willbur Mar 29, 2019

Take care of the condition. Most of the watch I've seen and some time bought from israel were not in good condition.
    Maybe israelien weather is not the best for watches.

12. Mathlar Mar 29, 2019

Sounds like you’d better focus on the wine instead... from the big producers like Yarden to more boutique ones, there are some fantastic reds.