Forums Latest Members

ISIS attack on Bastille Day

1. ulackfocus Jul 14, 2016

Reports are still coming in, but the rat bastards plowed a truck through a crowd and opened fire on people on the French holiday today.

Why is the civilized world fighting these pieces of shit like it was a war? The scumbags kill civilians with impugnity so it's time to use their own tactics against them, but on a scale ten times worse.

Nitzbar, jimdgreat1, kov and 7 others like this.
  2. redpcar Jul 14, 2016

Nice, France. Beautiful place. Very sad.

Spy likes this.
  3. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Jul 14, 2016

Truly awful...

4. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Jul 14, 2016

They engage in war crimes, so we should too?

Matty01 likes this.
  5. Lemholt80 Jul 14, 2016

Its so sad. I like France. Its a sad day....again.

Spy likes this.
  6. kurtj29 Jul 14, 2016

World War III started this year. We just have not acknowledged it yet. Just like we had to figure out how to fight differently in WWII vs. WWI we will need to figure out how to fight this war. It's going to get worse, I am afraid much worse, before we figure out we are at war and before we fully realize what we will need to do to win this war.

noelekal likes this.
  7. ONEWATCH Irony embodied Jul 14, 2016

Ok. When we have won this war, who surrenders to us to officially end it?

8. kurtj29 Jul 14, 2016

That's WWII thinking...

It will probably never have an official end - it ends when terror attacks stop.

OMGRLX likes this.
  9. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jul 14, 2016

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Nitzbar, blubarb, novina and 5 others like this.
  10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 14, 2016

Wrong. WWIII started on Sept. 11, 2001. Our battle plan has been incredibly poor.

No one. If we do it right.

Agreed. Unfortunately, I wonder whether we in the west have the stomach to do what it takes to wipe out this scourge.

BTW, this is not just a religious issue. The religion (like most) is used as an excuse and a crutch. This war is a political crisis caused by 1,300 years of tribal warfare in the Middle East and further compounded by 100 years of Western meddling in the service of private oil companies.

This is price of global mobility.
    gatorcpa

Nitzbar, Matty01, JimInOz and 5 others like this.
  11. ulackfocus Jul 14, 2016

"War crimes" - that's an oxymoron to a terrorist. The old rules are out. It's a new mentality and fight.

novina, OMGRLX and duc like this.
  12. ONEWATCH Irony embodied Jul 14, 2016

My point is, since this type of activity has been going on since the beginning of time, will it ever stop?

"End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow." is probably the best answer. Highly improbable though. Kill them all? Not a chance as you create more with each death. For my generation the closest comparison is the "Viet Cong." But there are many others just like them.

13. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jul 14, 2016

I hope the rise of electric vehicles will put an end to this very soon.

Once the funding of all that Shiite is being curbed things will settle down on its own. The whole reason why the middle east is on the radar is because of the petro-$$$. Take that away and its just like Siberia o Mongolia (but way uglier) and nobody gives a fugg

Jonatan likes this.
  14. kurtj29 Jul 14, 2016

Well whatever date, we agree we are at war and that this is not a regional conflict but a world war.

I think the "Surge" of 2007 came pretty close to eliminating the threat and defeating them. The next president thought we could make friends. We can't. The West and the East have been fighting for 3,000 years. It will never be over, but we have the over whelming economic and military power to stop this for our lifetimes if we are brave enough to choose to fight and win. And I believe this is far beyond oil.

Edited Jul 14, 2016
  15. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jul 14, 2016

No excuse for this. Wealth gap and marginalization of three generations of North African immigrants plays a role .. But this is just depraved. Regardless backlash and hate towards immigrants plays right into terrorist hands. Islam is just an excuse. Most of these a holes never have read the Koran.

Jonatan and gatorcpa like this.
  16. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 14, 2016

Hardly. What do you think we burn to generate all that electricity? BTW, current batteries still allows a good portion of the charge to dissipate if not used immediately. Electric cars aren't as efficient as internal combustion engines...yet. We can only hope the technology improves with time.

Use of public transportation would greatly curtail oil usage in the short to medium term. However, in most US cities (particularly the one where I live) no one is giving up their cars anytime soon.
    gatorcpa

17. ulackfocus Jul 14, 2016

France did NOT support the invasion in Iraq, yet they're getting the brunt of the extremist hate recently. Wonder if France will support the next joint mission? I'd wager they do after what these bastards have done. The problem is France's prison system is jam packed with Muslims, so it's a recruiting ground for the incarcerated extremists.

18. redpcar Jul 14, 2016

Soft target. Boils my blood. Sickens my heart.

blubarb likes this.
  19. WatchVaultNYC Jul 14, 2016

Like what was said previously, religion is being used as a crutch here. In France, this is happening again and again because muslims and other minorities are poor, in jail, and have no opportunities. If you have no future, why not kill yourself and become a "martyr" instead of dying a loser in a gutter

Jonatan likes this.
  20. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Jul 14, 2016

I'm originally from Macedonia, in the Balkans, in South Europe. My old country was ruled by the (Muslim) Ottoman Turks for over 500 years.
    It was indescribable hell. Imagine the Armenian genocide, but in slo-mo, over a 500-year period.
    That's the kind of stuff we are up against. But political correctness will kill us all before the enemy does...

duc, noelekal and novina like this.