Forums Latest Members

Is TRF down for anyone else? (www.rolexforums.com)

1. ted1680 Mar 30, 2011

ok, guys. I'm new here. so I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to post this.

Is the Rolex forums / TRF down again for anyone else? I cant access it with the normal link. its been like this for 7 hours now and I cant even get to it on my ipad.

Thanks

Ted

2. ted1680 Mar 30, 2011

i get the error 504 Gateway

3. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 30, 2011

These types of threads are fine, provided everyone keeps it civilised. Some of us are TRF members, and it's a relevant enough topic. I'm seeing the Nginx error myself.

ted1680 likes this.
  4. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Mar 31, 2011

Yes, I too am having problems accessing the site

5. dddrees Mar 31, 2011

I am recieving the Gateway Time Out Error as well.

6. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 31, 2011

It's a shame. I always hit up the For-sale section at about this time
    :whipped:

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 31, 2011

Dunno why since you're not allowed to buy anything haha (you need to add a "whipped" smiley for these occasions).

8. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 31, 2011

Fixed that for you.

9. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Mar 31, 2011

Looks like they're back up and running, for now at least!

10. Jchapman Apr 10, 2011

Is there a problem again with something because I was just on there and it was fine but now theres a broken link page when I go to the next page on the thread I was on and when I go to www.rolexforums.com its just a white page with no error messages at all ???

11. Jchapman Apr 10, 2011

When I click back the site's still there but clicking on anything else gives me a broken link

12. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 10, 2011

Guess that's one way we'll see "new" members, when rolexforums is down. :cool:

JChapman: do you own any Omega models?

13. Jchapman Apr 10, 2011

Not anymore my first good good watch was an Omega though, was the model that was after the James Bond but before the Planet Ocean with the wide hands with black dial and black bezel that they don't make anymore but I sold it to buy a "T" serial Rolex Sea-Dweller. The Omega was a great watch with a really nice glow especially since my Sea-Dweller doesn't glow at all anymore but there's something just more real about the Sea-Dweller. I might buy another Omega at some time though, the Speedmaster Sapphire Sandwich looks really cool with the open back but it costs as much as I paid for my Rolex.

EDIT : Are you seeing the same thing and do you know when the Rolex site will be back

14. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 10, 2011

Why would I? Only those running TRF could possibly know when it will be back online.

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 10, 2011

I'd imagine they'd be up again pretty quickly, the problem isn't in TRF this time, its actually downstream from their server. There's about 60 people currently viewing the site at present through the back door, but Steve's crew have asked on previous occasions that that not be made public, and as posting it here would cause it to be indexed by google I'll respect their wishes on that, but if anyone wants a link to get in, you can send a PM.

16. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 10, 2011

aaaand it's back :thumbsup:

17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 10, 2011

Incidentally if its the one I'm thinking of, the 2254.50 with sword hands, those are actually holding their value quite well, and the reason it glowed so well is probably the Seamaster had Super-Luminova while the T series, I *think* will be a tritium, maybe the last of the tritium dial Sea-Dwellers, in which case it's either going to be very feint, or not glow at all.

18. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 10, 2011

I think we'll have to make up some sort of a rule like you can only post in this thread, IF you also post a picture of a cool watch that you own or something lol

19. Watchmutt Oct 27, 2012

Its still down for me :(

20. Watchmutt Oct 27, 2012

New member here LOL.