Forums Latest Members
  1. Chef40 Dec 3, 2018

i bought this watch several months ago and it is a seamaster 120 ref 166.088. i was told that these watches have black dials so had no reason to doubt it. i was told it was circa 1969 and as this is my birth year i thought i would order an extract from the archives from omega and paid the £90 and waited. it came today and it clearly says that the dial should be blue. is the watch genuine or just been put together as ive seen many of these watches on various websites and all have black dials.
    ive always bought vintage watches but over the last few years have had various things go wrong or been told when they have been serviced that they have been messed about with. i went and bought myself a new speedmaster mk ii and i think from now on it will be new watches for me as vintage is too much of a minefield watch 018.JPG

2. Davidt Dec 3, 2018

Am I missing something? The dial is blue.

rincondeltiempo likes this.
  3. AJF Dec 3, 2018

I also tend to see it as blue.
    Great looking watch, to my mind!

rincondeltiempo likes this.
  4. JanV Dec 3, 2018

To my newbie eyes for this reference it looks legit to me, correct bezel with only two dots at 30, blue seconds hand and the two colour hour / minute hands. Have you had a chance to look inside on the movement, looks like the dial, hour markers and AML has marks from some moisture / water ingress some time ago. Am I also seeing some spider webbing on the dial, this I understand could happen to this particular dial. Do you have a serial number on the movement, believe this to be a earlier model, as its with a non-feet marked dial.

Edited Dec 3, 2018
  5. Chef40 Dec 4, 2018

6. Chef40 Dec 4, 2018

i was sold watch as being circa 1969 as its just 120 on dial and later versions have the feet as well so was surprised to see on the omega archive that it was late 1972. ive seen a few posts on here about these watches and everyone says they have black dials which i think this one is but according to omega this ref watch has a blue dial. the dial has the spiderweb caracking so maybe it is blue.