Forums Latest Members
  1. kmc2055 Aug 31, 2015

Hello!

I am interested in purchasing a vintage Seamaster from a local craigslist ad. I have read all about the watch but haven't found another one online with the exact same dial which makes me question its authenticity. I went to physically see the it today and took photos. The watch seemed well made and the patina looked real. The man is advertising it as an early 70's model seamaster that was serviced most recently in 2012. I would appreciate any advice as far as authenticity and any information about what year it actually is from.
    Thanks in advance!

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Aug 31, 2015

It's authentic but it is rough shape. I would not pay much for it, since it is a fairly common seamaster. It is most likely a cal. 267 or 269 and not from the early 70's but early 60's or late 50's.

Here is a pic of mine almost similar
    image.jpg

3. kmc2055 Aug 31, 2015

Thanks for the quick response! What would you pay for it in its current condition?
    Thanks!

4. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Sep 1, 2015

Honestly I wouldn't buy it considering the great number of pieces out there in way better condition. The previous owner(s) didn't treat this watch very nice. Look at the homemade engraving on the back, that is just awful, and the case is pretty banged up. Seller says it was serviced in 2012 but does he have a receipt or anything? You can get an almost identical Omega Seamaster in better condition for something like $350-$400. They come up fairly often in the sales section on this forum.

5. Willem023 Sep 1, 2015

+1
    Stay away and wait for much better examples