Forums Latest Members
  1. Zacker Aug 29, 2016

Sorry for the pics. Couldn't get my digital camera to take any decent pics for some reason. Had to use my phone camera.

The Omega does seem to run. Haven't looked at it in years. I guess it runs on motion when moved.
    It has a slightly noticeable scratch over the 8th hour. The other only thing I can see wrong with it is that one of the pin hole looks to be "stripped" so a pin will not stick into it so it will not hold a band.

Can anyone tell me if it's fake/real or worth anything? Any idea if the Caravelle is worth anything also?

Thanks for any feedback.

IMG-20160829-00279.jpg IMG-20160829-00280.jpg IMG-20160829-00281.jpg IMG-20160829-00284.jpg
    GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  2. ulackfocus Aug 29, 2016

Is that a watch or a large aspirin? ::confused2:: I can't tell for sure from those fuzzy pictures. :p

Seriously, lady's watches just don't bring much money. If it's solid gold it would be worth scrap value, but you'd have to have somebody who knows what they're doing open it up and get a look at the inside of the caseback.

3. GuiltyBoomerang Aug 29, 2016

Depends on the person. Lady's watches tend to be far less in terms of cost to a men's watch, due to size. As well as this, not many women these days are interested in a mechanical watch. They would much prefer to have a big fat watch on the wrist/a really expensive Rolex/ fashion watch to show off/ gadget watch. More for looks.

That said, there are certain buyers who are into ladies watches....

The Ladymatic is very real, and was a good seller back when they introduced it in the 1950s as one of the first self-winding watch lines for women. The Caravelle is also most likely real and probably runs on batteries.

4. Zacker Aug 30, 2016

Sooooo..............is worth at least $10? or more? The band is in 8/10 condition. The face is still "viewable" with only a few scratches. The only thing needed is to drill a hole to fit one end of the pin, and you would have a wearable watch (for some one who likes tiny watches). How much did they go for back in the day?

Edited Aug 30, 2016
  5. GuiltyBoomerang Aug 30, 2016

Ladymatics? Anywhere between $115- $250 in US dollars back in the day...an advert here:

ba8cfbdf1c72e80ea2fdc5b3311226a2.jpg

Value wise these days, considering that there will need to be some work done, around $50- $70, going by completed eBay listings.