Forums Latest Members

Is this UG Polerouter Jet a full original set?

1. Masterofkarate Oct 27, 2018

Good saturday!
    I ordred this UG poleroter jet as i thought it was quite stunning. The whitesilver snowspotted dial called to me. I havent seen this version of the poleroter series, but i guess its not as desirable as its not the original Genta design.
    I still like it. The sharpness of the lugs and its 36,3mm size. It is engraved but i guess that is just a part of this watch's history now.
    If anyone has some info please share:)
    My main question is if you guys think it is a "full set"/Original box? Or is it a watch and a box? I have seen some other ug models with this box so i am just curious.

Thanks for sharing your wast knowledge:)

ugjet.jpg ugjet2.jpg ugjet3.jpg ugjet4.jpg ugjet5.jpg
    zr4484 and rustynuts like this.
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 27, 2018

Here's a picture I have of a full-package Polerouter:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I suspect that your box is original, but you seem to be missing the guarantee book, hang-tags, seal on the watchband and rear sticker.

Is the buckle signed? Since yours looks like a US only model, the buckle probably doesn't have a "U" logo, just "Universal" engraved on the back.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

3. Masterofkarate Oct 27, 2018

I guess its not, because it wasn't stated and there was no photo of the buckle. Maybe it has the universal engraved.

Edited Oct 27, 2018
    zr4484 likes this.
  4. Mazoue Oct 27, 2018

Fairly sure that the boxes, inner & outer, are original.

I had a very similar set with papers that were complete where the watch had been purchased in New Mexico from memory.

CCBDA9C7-5377-48C8-A30F-17BE7A8688E3.jpeg

5. Masterofkarate Oct 27, 2018

This looks quiet similar! But I see you have the arrow shaped hands on yours while mine has straight pointed hands. Is this something seen on the ug models?

zr4484 likes this.
  6. Mazoue Oct 27, 2018

Yes, it’s just a different reference.

There are references in both steel and gold with dauphine and straight hands.

zr4484 and Masterofkarate like this.
  7. Dan S Oct 27, 2018

My first inclination was to think that the hands were too short, but looking on Google Images, I found several examples with the same hands. Funny-looking but apparently correct.

Masterofkarate likes this.