Forums Latest Members

Is this UG authentic...please help...

1. Mania Apr 16, 2015

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Dear UG lovers,

I just bought this UG on ebay from a seller in hometown, so I went there to pick up in person.

This is is my first UG and I have a hard time finding any info on it. I Googled "UG Ultra Slim" , I searched with the serial numbers...etc

Can anyone here please help me authentify this UG? Is it from the 40's? Is the case solid 18K Gold (it is stamped on the back of the case) but besides that no other markings? Is the serial number ought (#51085 back case) (#06575 innner case)

Thanks for your help!

Mani

2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 16, 2015

Sorry to be sharp, but why on earth would you do your research after making a purchase, rather than before?

88cut likes this.
  3. Mania Apr 16, 2015

@Tony C. I did the research based on the pictures the seller posted on ebay, and to my novice eyes everything looks fine. When I brought the watch back home and opened it. I was a little concerned. Your input would have been nice. Thanks

4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 16, 2015

This model was produced in a period later than those that vintage collectors, including myself, tend to focus on. Not only is it not from the '40s, but not the '50s nor (probably) '60s, either.

It may be authentic, though I am not certain. I have questions about the crown and the dial, but as I do not pay much attention to UGs from that later period, I'm afraid that I cannot be of much further help.

5. Mania Apr 16, 2015

6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Apr 16, 2015

Authentic - someting from the 1970s I'd think

7. Mania Apr 16, 2015

@LouS , Oh Great! Thanks a lot :)

8. 88cut Apr 17, 2015

Looks good to me.

9. Diabolik Apr 17, 2015

more like late 70's or 80's. It is authentic but not well documented. Logo is similar to that used on the white shadow and many other of that period (late 70's and 80's). Movement or caliber is older and may have been replaced or produced like that. Cant be sure.

Bubawatch and Gigi (who regularly post on this forum) may be of help. However, not the sort of models that many of us would actively look for. Still, a nice (not so vintage) UG that can only go one way as far as value goes.

Nice buy and enjoy wearing it ...

Edited Apr 17, 2015