Forums Latest Members
  1. cvrle1 Aug 17, 2016

Found one eBay listing for what seller claims to be all original 145.022 69 pre-moon, but to me several things look off, so I wanted to see if I was correct in these assumptions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLLECTABLE...-FROM-1969-LAST-SERIES-PRE-MOON-/381738527055Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Case back does say 145.022 69, so that is fine
    It also has just the seahorse on the back of the case, so that is fine as well

What made me think franken is the following:
    Serial looks to be 2059x.xxx which should be 105.012 63 (according to Speedy 101)
    It is Cal 861, which wasnt used on 105.012
    Bezel is DN90 and has small Tachymeter print with accent over the E, which are used in the 90's+ and newer watches
    Confusing thing about the bezel is that 7's do have serif, which would mean old bezel, so not sure what is going on there
    One of the hands looks really weird, no idea why

Am I correct in some of these assumptions or am I completely off and this is a perfectly fine and all original pre-moon as seller claims?

2. chadpowe11 Aug 17, 2016

Serial is 30mil so it's fine. Dial looks ok but lume looks to be removed. Hour and minute hands are incorrect from mark 2 and bezel is incorrect.

cvrle1 likes this.
  3. cvrle1 Aug 17, 2016

Where did you see serial of 30mil? I may be blind, but I dont see it

Edit: NM, now that you said it and I got real close to the screen, I see it is 3mil as you said.

chadpowe11 likes this.
  4. 72c Aug 17, 2016

The movement appears to be an assembly from two different eras, the serial bridge etc the correct copper colour but the other half the later gold coloured finish.

cvrle1 likes this.
  5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 17, 2016

YES

6. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 17, 2016

Well I suppose its not strictly but it is a watch that needs a vintage bezel, a set of hands to be closer to original.

Also the movement is questionable as has been mentioned.

The back is polished.

The dial is unattractive - you could relume if you know a wizard

Its never going to be a nice watch, even after all that.

Usable, and there is a value to it, but it will never compare to other 145.022's for the same money.

cvrle1 likes this.
  7. 72c Aug 17, 2016

Also worth noting, the caseback engraving looks like it was done yesterday which would be what you want to see on a well preserved premoon, but on a watch that's seen significant changes elsewhere you have to wonder if it actually was done yesterday... and not by Omega.

Engraving itself looks off. Check the thickness of the lines and shape of the Ω symbol.

Technically these casebacks were designed so that they could be re-engraved, but ideally not by someone with a chisel ;)

cvrle1 likes this.