Forums Latest Members
  1. Brett2444 Apr 14, 2017

I found this on chrono24 and was looking for some expert opinions on the authenticity of this watch.

Im not sure about the case back as it doesn't have the Seamaster logo, and the crown looks like it is a replacement.
    Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Snorkelflip Apr 15, 2017

Dial is original, in my opinion. Seems to be staining at each marker and under the Omega Logo.
    Without doubt a replacement crown.
    The caseback may well be original, but, it appears to have been heavily polished, which may account for the lack of Seamaster engraving.
    That said, the whole watch appears to have been polished to within an inch of it's life.

I'd pass on this one

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 15, 2017

Dial is original, in my opinion (based on the resolution of that photograph). Seems to be staining at each marker and ............................................

Yep, what @Snorkelflip said.

4. Hnansen Apr 15, 2017

5. Omeoneganobi Apr 16, 2017

I would avoid. Dial looks original but heavily stained and the once sharp edges have been heavily polished on the case. Crown is definitely a replacement.

6. dx009 Apr 16, 2017

Isn't it weird how there are stains on all applied markers on the dial and they look so shiny and lack patina ?

Is it possible that they used glue to glue them on and it wasn't applied accordingly, not to mention the fact that they didn't use a watchmakers glue that is transparent ? Either that or it simply stains light colored dials...

Snorkelflip likes this.