Is this Real or Fake.

Hi Everyone,

I am from Melbourne Australia and I am after a watch that is local that I can see before I purchase.

I am sure that I will get yelled at or abused but here goes....

I am looking at either a Speedmaster Moonwatch 145.022 - 1985 model (no box or papers) or a Speedmaster Michael Schumacher 3507.51.00 (no box or papers). I understand that the Schumacher is an Automatic and I saw a comment that buying an Automatic Speedmaster is like drinking decaf. But I thought it would be no harm to have a look at it. But if I can get a Moonwatch with a Tritium dial then I will be very happy. I would put it on a brown leather strap and wear the crap out of it.

Does anyone see any problems or issues with any of the watches that I should be looking our for? And the obvious question are any of these knock-offs.

Hi Everyone,

I am from Melbourne Australia and I am after a watch that is local that I can see before I purchase.

I am looking at either a Speedmaster Moonwatch 145.022 - 1985 model (no box or papers) or a Speedmaster Michael Schumacher 3507.51.00 (no box or papers). I understand that the Schumacher is an Automatic and I saw a comment that buying an Automatic Speedmaster is like drinking decaf. But I thought it would be no harm to have a look at it. But if I can get a Moonwatch with a Tritium dial then I will be very happy. I would put it on a brown leather strap and wear the crap out of it.

Does anyone see any problems or issues with any of the watches that I should be looking our for? And the obvious question are any of these knock-offs.

Hi Everyone,

NO ONE GETS YELLED AT OR ABUSED AT OF. ARE YOU LISTENING? NO ONE!

Like 5
Just an update I have checked the serial number of the Moonwatch and it appears that the watch is from 1991 and it should be a reference 3590.50 which I think is essentially a 145.022

Like 1
Both watches are real.
understand that the Schumacher is an Automatic and I saw a comment that buying an Automatic Speedmaster is like drinking decaf
The watches you saw being compared to decaf were these below.
IMG_5758.jpeg

That Schumacher reference you are interested in is hella cool. If you’re wanting to follow the original heritage of the watch, than you’ll get a resounding “manual wind” in response. The thing with the Speedmaster is, is you can have fun and collect them all. Once you have one, you’re bound to want another. Considering you’ll “be very happy” with tritium, I think you know which one you should get first ;)
Edited:

Does anyone know if the pictures of the Moonwatch is a fake or genuine article? I also see a couple of 1861 watches non metal band that a way newer for about $500 AUD more (i.e not a lot more). Is the Vintage reference the better buy?