Forums Latest Members

Is this one of those Solar Aqua Rolex watches?

1. redpcar Nov 16, 2018

Need some help from the forum on this one. I've seen some Solar's that are Rolex based but they have had center seconds. What are your thoughts? I'm 75% sure this is Rolex based but doubts are there. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Solar (2).jpg

2. Canuck Nov 17, 2018

These Solar watches are a private label for T Eaton and Company of Canada (now defunct). Solar was the house brand name for all Eaton house brand watches, and the Solar Aqua was basically a Tudor watch, using Tudor movements. Some karat gold Solar Aqua models used Rolex movements. I suspect the movement in the subject watch is a Swiss ebauche (possibly Eta), slightly customized to mask the ebauche identity. We’d know better if we could see the movement.

3. redpcar Nov 17, 2018

Thanks @Canuck. I have a few Solar's that are not Rolex/Tudor based and are on the cheesy scale of quality. This one looks to have the Rolex crown but I was a little thrown that it did not have center seconds. This is an auction of a bunch of crap watches with this Solar. Don't want to ask for better pics and spook the prey before I pounce ;)