Forums Latest Members

Is this omega vintage watch legit or just some high copy?

1. Ashesh Mar 7, 2017

Hi everyone,

I found this beautiful Omega Seamaster on ebay auction yesterday, which got sold for $620.
    It was sold by Korean seller, who has a very good review on ebay and has mentioned all the watches are authentic and freshly serviced.
    I was wondering how a vintage watch like this could be in such a good condition.
    Can you tell by looking at the pictures, whether this watch is the real deal?

I was hoping to buy from this seller.
    Thanks

omega-31-36-01.jpg omega-31-36-02.jpg omega-31-36-03.jpg omega-31-36-04.jpg omega-31-36-05.jpg omega-31-36-07.jpg omega-31-36-08.jpg omega-31-36-09.jpg omega-31-36-10.jpg
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 7, 2017

If you do a site search for Korean sellers, you'll find your answers. It's affectionately referred to as "tarted up".

ahartfie and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  3. WatchmakerTheory Mar 7, 2017

Watches from Korean sellers are often "restored" enthusiastically ... repainted dial, polished case, etc.

4. Holy moley Mar 7, 2017

I stay away from Asian markets even though some could be legitimate. I did buy a name brand watch from an eBay Australia seller and should have got a clue when the English responses were terrible. I took a chance, even when they refused to open the case back to check the movement. Sure enough, when I got the watch and opened the back, stamped right in the middle was CHINA but it did have a $15 Ronda Swiss Quartz movement. Gave it to one of my grandsons who loves it. Oh well, ignorance is bliss.