interested in dropping down some coin for this one
Very good price for a dial of that condition. No pics of movement etc and the lugs are a bit rounded but VFM for sure.
If you got it for $500, you should turn yourself in at the local police station for stealing!
Ugh!!! Someone bought it. Not fair! I suspect someone from here. I can't get a deal ever. It's damn if you do post it and damned if you don't and get screwed with a fake. So mad
That's what PM is for. Once you post it here, it's like shouting it out to the world.
There are probably several thousand collectors that get alerts on their email or text every time a new pie-pan is listed. If this was a $500 buy-it-now listing, someone who knew what it was snapped it up immediately. I know I would have if I didn't already have a similar watch.
If you had to wait for validation from us, then you didn't stand a chance.
This is why knowledge is power.
Ugh! i am a newb and don't want to get burnt. I feel so lame now. Who do I PM? I guess watches is a cut throat buisness. I just want a real omega.
Patience is a virtue. It took me seven, yes, seven years to snag a good Constellation pie-pan.
You need to look at literally thousands of watches online to learn what a proper dial and case should look like. Desmond's website is a good start.
Ask him how many emails we exchanged regarding Constellations. I suspect it was several hundred.
There are no short cuts in any type of collecting.
That is why at the moment I concentrate solely on Speedmaster as there are so many nuances across all of the models. Same as Vintage sports Rolex the slight variations are mind boggling.
For me it's the opposite...speedmasters look all the same to me. Hope to add one in the future though.
Hah, then you will be burned
Pretty confident Kyle won't get burned, he's smart.
He knows to vet any watch he's not sure about before buying it.
I understand that from what I have seen but it is dangerous out there
Doesnt MSNWatch have a great constellation for sale at the moment?
Keep an eye on the for sale section.
Actually, he has two for sale at the moment. Only one is a pie-pan. It's solid 18K, and is of much greater value that that one.
The key is patience and knowledge. You need to know enough that when a deal pops up you can make a confident decision on your own. Remember that at any given time there will be several people scouring eBAY for a deal. You typically have a window of a few minutes.
I'm the same Kyle, I have no problem with SM's and Connies but a Speedy just doesn't register as different, and by the time it's solved, it's usually sold!
Here's some advice as a newly self proclaimed novice (I know, a bold statement with only 2 posts).
(1) Do your homework by reading Desmond's blog and guides: http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/
(2) Do not post public messages regarding the watch unless you already have the watch in your hands.
(3) Figure out exactly which style(s) and movement(s) of Constellation you want.
(4) After making an informed evaluation on an eBay watch which: (a) you fear will sell quickly due to low price, or (b) whose auction will end soon, check to see if there is a return policy (most reputable sellers have a 14 days return policy- buyer pays return shipping).
(5) If there is a return policy, buy the watch. Note: if the watch is a fake, you have a case to return the watch anyway. You may have to pay return shipping or a restocking fee at most, but I bet you could argue your way out of having to pay for either one due to the watch being a fake/inauthentic. Also, if you get feedback quickly, you may be able to cancel the transaction without having the item shipped in the first place.
(6) Solicit advice once you have bought and/or received the watch, post pictures, price, etc.
(7) If the advice you receive is pleasing, keep the watch, get it checked out by a watchmaker for service needs, and enjoy wearing it! If the advice you receive is not pleasing, return the watch or file an ebay complaint, and return to step 1 so that you don't make the same mistake
If I had seen that at $500, the next time anyone else saw it would be in either the WRUW thread or the What Did You Buy Today thread.
I wouldn't be so discouraged... if you look at the second hand up close, you'll notice it has a significant amount of rust on it... Who knows, maybe they didn't post a picture of the movement because it looked like this:
Mods, please remove the above photo which clearly shows an offensive word (starts with "R" and ends with "OLEX").
Separate names with a comma.