Forums Latest Members
  1. Fraist Jan 17, 2017

Hi all,

I'm sort of new to the vintage watch collecting hobby, but I've found someone who sells an omega cal.420 (pictures attached). What I'm confused about this watch is that I can't find this model in the omega website, especially the black dial with the strange indexes. I'm not even sure which model this watch is. Is it Seamaster or just a "generic" omega.

Personally, I think this is quite unique considering that I've never seen this type, but I don't want to be tricked to buy fake vintage omegas.

What do you think about this watch? the seller is asking US$600 for it, but I'm still not sure about the dial and index. Is this some sort of limited edition or is this a bust?

The dial :
    Front.JPG

The Lugs :
    Lug.JPG

The movement :
    IMG-20170117-WA0000.jpg

2. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jan 17, 2017

I do not believe the dial is original. The movement doesn't look very clean and the regulator is slammed all the way to the slow position.

I would think it is terribly over priced.

Is the seller in Lima, Peru by any chance?

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 17, 2017

4. Uniqez Jan 17, 2017

5. Fraist Jan 18, 2017

All right...
    thanks for the input about the dials and the movement.
    The seller's from Indonesia, I happened to stumble on this watch while browsing on social media

Sorry, the seller won't provide any better photos. Guess I should've taken that as a warning.

Again..thanks for the input.

It seems that I'll stay away from this watch, better save up to get a connstellation.
    Thank you for all that've provided insightful input.

efauser likes this.