Forums Latest Members
  1. AC_Rider Sep 15, 2019

Hi. I'm brand new to this forum (as of this afternoon) and also new to vintage watch collecting. But I'm excited to dive in. And I hope to become an active member of this forum as I learn more about watches and vintage watches in particular.

My first question is that I'm sure you see all the time: Sort of on accident, I recently picked up this circa 1964 Omega, ref. 121.002 with a 269 movement, but I think that the dial may have been refinished or repainted. The Omega logo type in particular concerns me.

Those with a more experienced eye than mine: what do you think? Any advice or feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    omega_121.002.jpg

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 15, 2019

No “Swiss Made” on dial. Logo is incorrect.

Pretty sure it’s a redial.
    gatorcpa

3. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Sep 15, 2019

The "M" in Omega suggests that it has been.

Tom

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  4. AC_Rider Sep 15, 2019

Damn. I was juggling several things at once when I bid on it on my phone, and got it confused with another auction I was following. I should have noticed the missing "Swiss". And I've been comparing dial logos pretty closely on other watches that I've been looking at, but this time I did not. I guess it serves me right, making an impulsive purchase.

DaveK likes this.
  5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 15, 2019

Hour indices which are part of the dial and not applied on this dial have lost their crispness an artifact of the refinishing process.

6. AC_Rider Sep 15, 2019

Thanks everyone.

7. Walrus Sep 15, 2019

The A is suspect as well. Too bad, we live and learn.

8. ConElPueblo Sep 16, 2019

To top it off there is (some) lume in the hands, but none on the dial.