Forums Latest Members
  1. mjmc58 Jan 13, 2016

New member, first time poster although I have been reading, learning on shopping the forum since before the holidays. Great information and people here, much like my P car forum. I am shopping for a 1958 birth year watch. Silver, cream or champagne colored dial with arabic numerals a dagger markers. 34-36mm steel case. I have been focused on the cosmetics while Iearn about the mechanics/movements.

I'd like your opinions on an ebay watch that is similar to a black one that just sold on OF. It is currently on eBayPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

[​IMG]
    Claim to be original and in good running condition, My first pass examine tells me it is. but being a noob I'm sure I missed somethng. If it is all original, is it for a fair price from a fair seller?

Thank You
    Mike

2. minutenrohr Jan 13, 2016

A relatively small 30mm with worn dial/crown - (much) too expensive in my opinion.

rgds - h.u.

3. novina Jan 13, 2016

4. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Jan 13, 2016

33mm in diameter is a bit small for a man.

5. novina Jan 13, 2016

This is my 14765 that I have been wearing for the past 3 weeks. It measures 1.25 (31mm-ish) inches excluding the crown. My wrist measures 8 (200mm-ish)inches. It is a small size, but it is a nice size to wear on my wrist. Yes I own larger watches and this took some time to get used too. But I do believe it is a good size as a gents watch Make your own determination about size.

omega.JPG

I also bought a 2828, that is smaller than this and is sized more like a current large womans size. So that one is probably if I had to guess about 26-27mm. Not much difference, or so you would think.

6. minutenrohr Jan 13, 2016

I wrote "relatively small" because a bigger watch costs - usually - more than a small one (equipped with the same movement).
    £445,00/590Euros is much too much for that size and condition.

7. novina Jan 13, 2016

I hear you on that. The watch above is probably the smallest I would wear. This one cost me $475, $300 for the watch, $175 for the service. USD of course for me. So unless this is something very rare, I too agree it is a bit over priced.

8. mjmc58 Jan 13, 2016

Great comments and observations. The watch has the looks I am looking for, but the size nor the price are right. Y'all have taught me patience and I hope to buy a watch from the forum sales. Here is my speedy
    upload_2016-1-13_18-21-34.png

Thanks
    Mike