Forums Latest Members

Is this Ebay Seller legit? happyhappy9877

1. lightingall2 Nov 20, 2013

hey all, anyone purchased a watch from this seller? he has a lot of watches online and they look pretty nice. He is in Japan...are the omega's on here real or fake from this guy....the seem to start off pretty cheap....he has a lot of feedback and it all seems to be positive....any opinions???

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 20, 2013

I haven't bought one from him (or her) but have checked their watches on occasion.
    They have excellent feedback and leave it up to market pressure to decide the actual value of their watches by starting with low reserve prices.
    Not like a few sellers who either have unrealistic reserves or BIN prices that make your eyes water.

Pay in accordance with the recommended methods and you are covered in the event of a buy gone bad.

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 20, 2013

Never buy from them but follow from time to time. All of their watches are original and legit (not fake). They are also honest when the dial is refinished. Just checked again this morning, there is an interesting SMP Titanium on list.

4. lightingall2 Nov 21, 2013

why does his watches go for so cheap if they are real and not fakes??

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 21, 2013

I am not sure what you are talking about. See samples his ended listing below. I would not call them so cheap. Not expensive but deifinetely not cheap either.
    http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/RARE-MEN...03?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item4615c3ef2b&_uhb=1Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/MEMS-OME...86?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item1c3899fde2&_uhb=1Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/MENS-OME...55?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item1c381174a3&_uhb=1Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

If you based your observation based on this:
    http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/121218906994?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    It means somebody has offered him good amount that he stopped the auction and just settle the transaction outside bay. Save him almost 10% fee in the process
    Edit: This titanium SMP is very nice.

6. lightingall2 Nov 21, 2013

wow that is a beautiful watch.....im still new at this and i guess i dont know what is a good price on these watches........How do you know what the best value is on these preowned omega's.......those first 2 sold for 450-500.....is that a good deal considering you'd pay 3-5000 for a new one.....is there a way to find the best value for watches like how a blue book works for cars.

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 21, 2013

The best way to learn about Omega vintage value is following this forum (especially reseacrhing the For Sale sub forum). Secondly doing research in Ebay for completed listings.

Vintage Omega price varied from 200 for common Quartz to 50,000 for mint condition earliest Speedmaster. I would say 80% will fall between $500 to $3000 range (that's 2013 price). With $1000 budget you will get decent high quality vintage Omega if you do your homework. Since Omega variation count is very high, it takes patience to observe and understand all aspect of vintage watch. NOT only the price but also originality, rarity, desirability and its overall condition. To give you illustration: A USD 2500 nice 1966 Pre-moonwatch Speedmaster in good condition is cheap but a USD 600 plain 1972 Seamaster Cosmic 2000 with average condition is expensive.

NewWatchAlert and Spacefruit like this.