Forums Latest Members
  1. gabriel Jun 30, 2017

It's been a while I'm looking for a vintage seamaster deville and I found this one in a pretty good shape.
    There are no pictures of movement or serial number and the seller is not able to open it (asked me how to, but I said to go to a professional; didn't do anything).

I just wanted to ask to some of you who know much better this watch, if it is worthed to buy (I think that price is too high tbh), or you have some doubt about it.

http://www.ebay.it/itm/VINTAGE-Omeg...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Thank you very much!!

2. kreyke Jun 30, 2017

Case seems sharp but 750euros for a normal dial.. I think it's too much. Plus you have to factor in a service. I'm guessing he hasn't serviced it since the crystal is still scratched.

3. gabriel Jun 30, 2017

Thank you for your fast reply!

How much do you think this watch is worthed?
    Do you also find nothing wrong with it? I've checked for "original signs" and it seems to be, to me. But I am not an expert.

4. kreyke Jun 30, 2017

Dial looks original to me. That's the correct crown. I'm still quite new so I can't comment on if the bracelet is correct. You need to check the movement and serial number to make sure it isn't a franken.

If it's just a plain white dial, I'd say maybe 500 euros would be fair.

I have only been collecting for a year or two. Hopefully someone truly experienced will chip in soon.

5. davidswiss Jul 1, 2017

All looks good but 750euro is having far too much IMO.

6. gabriel Jul 2, 2017

Yes and I managed to close for a way lower price!
    Thank you for your help!
    Later I think I will post a thread with my new watch (you know, just to show off ;) )

Edward53 likes this.
  7. davidswiss Jul 2, 2017

Well done. I look forward to seeing it.