Forums Latest Members
  1. heavenscloud Nov 19, 2014

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 20, 2014

The movement is real, don't know enough to pass judgment on the dial and that's a crappy picture. If that turns out to be OK, may be worth a chance on it at the right price if you really like it. But keep in mind it's not working, and that could be expensive depending on what's wrong, so factor it in. Some corrosion around the caseback seal, but the movement seems ok... again - not the best pics.

Shipping without the caseback installed adds to the risk.

Edited Nov 20, 2014
    heavenscloud likes this.
  3. heavenscloud Nov 21, 2014

The seller has added better pictures of the dial and a picture of the case back. I've seen a number of watches with this dial configuration. Were the Arabic numerals luminescent?

4. John R Smith Nov 21, 2014

No, they were not. This style is called "mirrored" numerals. You will notice that the hands are not lumed.

heavenscloud likes this.
  5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 21, 2014

In the dark, would be awfully difficult to read the time on a watch with luminous markers/numerals but non-luminous hands. :)

heavenscloud likes this.
  6. heavenscloud Nov 21, 2014

I blame a lack of caffeine for that one. ::facepalm1:: Now, off I go to learn about mirrored numerals....

7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 21, 2014

I didn't intend to be disparaging of the question. I have seen plenty of watches where the hands are wrong. The ones on this example do seem to be correct.

8. heavenscloud Nov 21, 2014

No offense taken whatsoever. I appreciate your responses here.

9. alvaropinto Nov 21, 2014

Well, the watch is wrongly advertised as "automatic".
    The pic is crapy but in MHO that's a redial.
    The movement looks ok.
    Cheers!

heavenscloud likes this.
  10. heavenscloud Nov 21, 2014

I appreciate your comments. I'm going to pass on this one and add a stipulation that any potential purchase be a working watch. Too many unknowns with this one and these aren't exactly rare....