Is this as good as it gets for an EW?

I came across this listing on Tropical Watches and starred at the dial for good bit. To me, it’s the best example of a tropical EW I have seen to date. It’s absolutely mesmerizing to look at from the different angles.

The watch looks to be all original, but I’m far from being an expert.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the whole package including price. Not sure how much additional value Tropical dial commands.

I have no affliction to the site or seller.

Here is the link:

https://tropicalwatch.com/watches/uqsg

Jacek has a nack for finding really special pieces with interesting patinas.

It's just a gut feeling that the color of dial and bezel is not natural. I'm eager to hear what the experts say.

Edit: I just read the listing, and it says that the dial is natural but the bezel is chemically treated.

Aside from the bezel which is disclosed in the listing as being chemically treated, anyone seen an EW dial like this?

It wasn’t Initially disclosed as chemical treated... that happened after IG comments, and is all speculation. I digress.

The dial : we have seen some 145.012s go like that...

(edit : here : https://omegaforums.net/threads/145-012-67-sp-selling-at-20900-record-price-on-ebay.97689/page-2)

upload_2020-3-7_0-32-35.jpeg

upload_2020-3-7_0-33-4.jpeg

... and they would have been made roughly the same time, so, I don’t see why this should raise any alarms. Dial looks perfect to my eyes. And to my eyes the lume looks original and perfect too. There are no wet spots, and a bit of shrinkage (or thinner application) on some plots showing the white background. Hands look to me like old service replacements. That’s all just 2c non-expert opinion, so please don’t quote me 😀
Edited:

When I saw the other thread, I immediately thought of this post I had seen a few days ago from Adam.

Adam does some great work. He aged some superluminova hands for me so that they matched my vintage Ploprof dial.

In the post, he indicated he aged the bezel. He made this FIOS looks quite nice.

upload_2020-3-6_15-26-53.png

isn't that the wrong pulsations bezel for the EW ?

shouldn't it look like this ?

images.jpeg

There are many possible shades of dial discolouration. Now I have seen "Tropic Thunder" for the first time. 😀

I believe the dial is genuine and vintage / not modified.

Crazy example and one of the most beautiful I've seen. I agree that the dial checks out, and while the bezel is a service bezel that may (probably) was aged to match, I think the overall combo is beyond reproach.

I really hope it is a genuine tropical dial, I’d hate to think I could be fooled like that.
It is so beautiful.

Yea, somehow not flying off the shelf....

In agreement with many here. My EW has an original pulsations bezel (see profile pic). If it had any kind of vintage bezel I could believe the pairing, but we know the bezel is artificially aged, so it makes the dial suspect.

I’m a fan of Jacek too, but this just doesn’t feel right to me. And certainly not for that kind of price...

I know the non Tachy bezels like this have their fans but sometimes they just scream replacement. My own EW dial is showing some brown so I cant say the above is an obvious treated example but I have my suspicions and wouldn't be putting my hand on my wallet at any price for this, which otherwise is very nice. Buy the seller. Enhanced bezel, where does the meddling stop?
Edited:

Here is my ‘brownie’ Ed White.
Maybe not as clean as the op example - but certainly not chemically altered.
C767061D-0DDD-4320-A350-F6CB194179F8.jpeg
O33s Omega Speedmaster 105.003 Ed White 1965.JPG