Is this an original dial?

What do your investigations so far tell you about it?

Are you saying the star is not correctly aligned?

Yes I'm also curious why someone would post something like that without explaining whatever he/she was getting at. The dial looks fine to me.

Yes I'm also curious why someone would post something like that without explaining whatever he/she was getting at. The dial looks fine to me.
The starting-post had eleven (!) words. I started with a picture. :)
@avd: What is YOUR opinion concerning the star?

avd88, welcome to the forum.

What do you see that on this dial that leads you to ask this question?

It looks original to me: fonts, min markers etc look ok. The indices appear to be in gold. I don't have any gold watches to compare to, but suspect its fine.

I'm intrigued by the line drawn across 4 and 8 o'clock. If I put a line across mine the star sits on the line, rather than transecting the star as in the OP dial.

It looks original to me: fonts, min markers etc look ok. The indices appear to be in gold. I don't have any gold watches to compare to, but suspect its fine.

I'm intrigued by the line drawn across 4 and 8 o'clock. If I put a line across mine the star sits on the line, rather than transecting the star as in the OP dial.

There are different star sizes too, and sometimes the stars turn on their own (assumably, maybe temp changes etc.)

While I am unsure of the redial issue (I lean toward redial), I am strongly leaning toward a lume job. The lume dots over hanging the edge of the dial suggest to me that the dial did not have lume dots to originally. The indices would have been moved slightly forward to accommodate the lume. Furthermore, I believe we would see tritium "T's" adjacent to the SWISS MADE if the dial was lumed.originally.