Forums Latest Members

Is this an Authentic Warranty Card?

1. Sp33dmaster May 26, 2020

Look at the spelling of JEWELLER.
    Is there some database where I can look up the serial #?
    This watch came with everything, including the presentation box with all the goodies and pictograms (I have no idea what this is).
    What can I look for on the watch?
    I looked up the JEWELLER and this shop is a legit AD located in Argentina per Omega.com. But why the heck did my watch come all the way from Argentina?
    FYI - I bought from watchshopping.com

20200526_125746.jpg
  2. Charlemagne1333 May 26, 2020

Looks legit

‘Jeweller’ is the correct spelling in the British English language, which is how Omega spells it. ‘Jeweler’ is correct for American English. Both are correct

There could be any number of reasons why your watch comes from Argentina - most likely someone bought it during a holiday stay (vacation)

Have a good one

Sp33dmaster likes this.
  3. Charlemagne1333 May 26, 2020

Just noticed the date on your warranty card. Your watch was most likely sourced by your online vendor. This is fairly common practice for arbitrary dealers who offer a better price.

Sp33dmaster likes this.
  4. Annapolis May 26, 2020

The spelling doesn't necessarily indicate anything fishy, as mentioned. And looking at that website, the watches shown there look authentic, though of course that doesn't mean anything if they don't actually sell the watches that are pictured on their site.

People in Argentina buy luxury watches too! :)

That said, if you're concerned, post some good (well focused close-up) shots of the watch. What kind of Omega is it?--from the card, presumably a Moonwatch? The serial number will be on there somewhere. If it's a newer piece, probably laser-etched in tiny writing somewhere on the case, like the backside of the lugs. It should match the number you've blacked out on the card, and if it's a watch with a seee-thru caseback (as I'm guessing it is), you might be able to find the same number again (also tiny) somewhere on the movement. If all the numbers match up, that's a good sign.

Is it a Master Chronometer? If so, you might be able to pull more info from Omega's website. But I don't think this one is...

Post pictures---folks here are pretty good at spotting fakes. And if you're really in doubt, take it to your nearest Omega Dealer/Boutique (if they're currently open) and have someone there have a look at it.

Sp33dmaster likes this.
  5. Sp33dmaster May 26, 2020

Thank you all for responding. I am quite concerned about this purchase. I have the serial # beginning in 7888xxxx. Where can I find out when this watch was manufactured? I am getting year 2000 from some website to 2006 from another website. Ugh;;;;

This is a Speedmaster moonwatch 006 with the sapphire crystal.

2.jpg 1.jpg
  6. Annapolis May 26, 2020

Can you provide more close-up photos, including photos of the back? Does the serial # on the watch itself match the # on the card?

Foo2rama likes this.
  7. Annapolis May 26, 2020

I'm guessing, if you turn the watch over, you'll see the serial on the lower right lug. If your watch doesn't have the clear caseback, maybe don't try opening it up to look at the movement...

Once you confirm that the numbers match up, you might visit Omega's official site and do the online chat feature there. If you share the serial with them, they can at least confirm that it's a legit # and tell you what year it's from. That's not going to be bulletproof, as someone could certainly clone a watch (serial and all), but it's a start.

Edited May 26, 2020
    Turpinr and Sp33dmaster like this.
  8. Sp33dmaster May 26, 2020

Both the # on the card and the # on the back matches. I'll start with Omega's chat and report back. I would be very troubled if the watch was manufactured like 10 years ago but sold as new.

9. Annapolis May 26, 2020

Good luck! After the chat, I'd suggest you start a new thread with a new subject line (like "is this watch authentic?") and post some additional pics, front and back. It looks good to me, but I don't claim to have the required expertise in authenticating this watch.

10. Sp33dmaster May 26, 2020

Thank you for your help!

Annapolis likes this.
  11. Annapolis May 26, 2020

No worries. Another test, of course, is to ensure that the pushers do what they're supposed to do, and that the setting feature works as it should. (A lot of knockoffs get those details wrong---dead give-away.)

Sp33dmaster likes this.
  12. Sp33dmaster May 26, 2020

So I just got off the phone with Omega and provided them with the model # for this moonwatch and they said they didn't start manufacturing until 2016. They don't have the serial # in their database as they don't keep it. I guess I freaked out when I saw that my watch could have been manufactured in 2000 based on some website while another said 2006, both websites are some no name websites. So the only thing Omega can do is to provide a certificate of authenticity but do not have anything on when it was made. I don't know why this kind of info is so hard for them to provide.

13. bama2141 May 26, 2020

You should have no worries — with a valid warranty card (which you have) the watch will be guaranteed by Omega for 5 years from the date of sale, regardless of the date of production.

Sp33dmaster likes this.
  14. Sp33dmaster May 26, 2020

Yeah, I just started reading the manual and decided to stop worrying about it. I just panicked because I thought I had gotten a watch from 2000 or 2006 when I bought it as new.

15. vbrad26 May 26, 2020

Just for the record, it is not entirely unheard of for someone to buy a watch from the early 2000's (or earlier) that has never been worn, or "new old stock".
    But yeah based on that serial it is definitely newer than 2016.

Sp33dmaster likes this.
  16. Annapolis May 26, 2020

The CoA could be worth the money if it’ll give you peace of mind. Or again post more pics here.

17. drhombus24 May 26, 2020

Just to offer another way, look to see if your bracelet has screws like so:

5E128601-B9D4-4D71-8DC6-11CB70D54611.jpeg
    If so it means it’s likely fairly new.

vbrad26 and Sp33dmaster like this.
  18. Sp33dmaster May 26, 2020

Not sure if these this back photo will help.

20200526_150714.jpg
  19. Sp33dmaster May 26, 2020

I definitely have four screws on each side. Thanks for that info.

20. Annapolis May 26, 2020

You’ll get more and better confirmations in the other thread, but I think you did just fine here.

Sp33dmaster likes this.