Is this a real vintage Omega

Hi I'm quite a watch novice. I recently inherited what appears to be a late 1950's early 1960's seamaster automatic. It's been sitting in a drawer for over half a century and was sent over from a relative in the UK a long time ago. My only concern is its authenticity since I can't find a match to photos online. The serial number is not on the outside of the watch. My two concerns are that the omega on the face doesn't appear to be raised and the crown doesn't have an omega logo.. But it appears there is some damage around the crown so possible could have been replaced.

The watch is is perfect working condition which I would assume would be unusual for non-authentic watch since its 65+ years old.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 9.46.54 AM.png Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 9.47.10 AM.png Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 9.52.09 AM.png Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 9.52.24 AM.png Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 9.52.47 AM.png

Real :thumbsup:

More like late 60s or early 70s, though. The crown is a most likely replacement. Otherwise it looks like a nice original watch.

These were well made watches so if it hasn’t been mistreated, it’s not a surprise it’s functioning fine. That said, it’ll still need service to prevent damage to the movement which will make future service even more expensive (just like your car).

Like 5
Hi I'm quite a watch novice. I recently inherited what appears to be a late 1950's early 1960's seamaster automatic. It's been sitting in a drawer for over half a century and was sent over from a relative in the UK a long time ago. My only concern is its authenticity since I can't find a match to photos online. The serial number is not on the outside of the watch. My two concerns are that the omega on the face doesn't appear to be raised and the crown doesn't have an omega logo.. But it appears there is some damage around the crown so possible could have been replaced.

The watch is is perfect working condition which I would assume would be unusual for non-authentic watch since its 65+ years old.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 9.46.54 AM.png Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 9.47.10 AM.png Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 9.52.09 AM.png Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 9.52.24 AM.png Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 9.52.47 AM.png
Congrats. It is authentic, but the crown is a generic replacement. If the original crown type is unavailable, at least you can get an Ω service crown which will still look much better.
As @seekingseaquest notes, a service is mandatory. You can get the crown changed at the same time.
I find the Spiedel bracelet funky, but you might get a more classic and refined look with a black or dark brown leather, croc or lizard strap. Anyway, please do use it - it deserves to live on a wrist.

Like 2
Based on the unusual but genuine font used for the word automatic, I wonder if this uses the super thin 711 movement. That is where that lower case style is seen usually. It's not a model I have noted before, usually SMDVs are front loaders, this is not. As above, this is most likely from 1967-1973 rather than any earlier.

Once you get the back (carefully) removed, you'll learn more inc the case number and movement type. I'd be very interested to see what it is, please report back.

ps Spiedel bracelets look and feel good, but have a nasty habit of chewing circles into lugs so I'd suggest getting rid ASAP.
Edited:

Like 1
If you post your location. Someone might be able to suggest a watchmaker to service it.

however. If you don’t plan on wearing it. It doesn’t pay, so think about it before investing the money