Forums Latest Members
  1. rizon Jun 5, 2017

Hi guys,

What do you think about this watch? Obviously, it's been refurbished but to my naked eye it looks good.
    Do you think it's authentic? Does it worth $500 ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-STAINLESS-STEEL-AUTOMATIC-MEN-039-S-DATE-WATCH-Cal-562-FROM-60-039-s-/222528640709?nma=true&si=MXOF3MmECrW86GUA4ZYhsMEeqrk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    (scroll down to see the original listing)

Your help is highly appreciated! Thanks.

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 5, 2017

That dial is a bit iffy for $750 us

It's Sold anyway

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. rizon Jun 5, 2017

It's available for me to purchase for $500, I'd like to have your professional opinion before jumping on it.
    So you're saying the dial is suspicious? Notice also the note regarding the movement: "The watch is fitted with a Swiss made Omega Caliber.562". I know cal. 562 is a great series, should I be worried about it being fitted?

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 5, 2017

That condition of the dial and the model

I would look for a seamaster before a geneve myself

5. BenBagbag Jun 5, 2017

I think fitted is just a figure of speech. It just means that that is the movement it has. If it catches your eye go for it. It looks nice. Yeah, maybe some wouldn't pay that steep of a price, but if you like it I don't think its terrible all things considered.

Temprus likes this.
  6. Temprus Jun 5, 2017

Looks good for me. What do you mean saying "refurbished"?

7. rizon Jun 5, 2017

= redialed, polished etc.

I'm also noticing it doesn't have "Swiss Made" at the bottom of the dial. Is it a bad sign?

8. BenBagbag Jun 5, 2017

Again, I don't think it has been redialed. Not sure about polishing... It says swiss made but the edge of the crystal makes it hard to see. It's there though, I see it in one of the pictures...

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 5, 2017

It does have Swiss Made at the bottom you can see it in the first pic, but as mentioned above this isn't a good deal, Genve's a great but part of why they're so great is that you can buy them in the $200-350 range in better condition than this one is in.

STANDY likes this.
  10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 5, 2017

IMO, this is a $200 watch. Don't pay more than that.

You will have a hard time recovering more if you sell later on.
    gatorcpa

dsio and STANDY like this.
  11. rizon Jun 5, 2017

Wow, thanks a lot for your help! I guess I was totally off (I thought I was facing a good deal - great condition watch, recently serviced etc.)
    I mean, I haven't seen any decent watch in the range you mentioned. All the eBay listings are ~$450 and above.
    Any chance you provide a link to demonstrate what I should be looking for? (any model will do of course, doesn't have to be that same one)

12. Ryguy008 Jun 5, 2017

You should check out elady or closer9024 they have a lot of seamaster sand Geneves for cheaper in better shape. Plus they are very reputable.

13. rizon Jun 5, 2017

Are those eBay sellers? I couldn't find them. Can you provide a link please?

14. Ryguy008 Jun 5, 2017

rizon likes this.
  15. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 5, 2017

If you want to buy from eLady, buy direct from their website. You can save money from the eBay price and take an additional 5%.

https://global.elady.com/

gatorcpa

16. Temprus Jun 5, 2017

I just visit elady's page. They sell very damaged Omega watches. The cases have many scratches or are too polished. Most dials are damaged. The movements look very worn and discolored. These watches have no further resale. I speak of vintage watches, based on the movements caliber 3 ** and 5 **. Also they shouldn't be serviced at all. Scratched or cracked dials, dirt cases etc. It's not for me!

17. Temprus Jun 5, 2017

Hi, I'm too will be very appreciated for your help. Can you explain me too, why this watch cost $200. This watch have Omega 552 movement and its look very good. Only the movement on this state cost $150-$200.
    Also, the watch look to be serviced. Service for automatic date movement cost at least $100. Between movement and service we have $300. Do I wrong?
    Thank you.

18. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 5, 2017

Some are good, some are bad. You need to be careful there like anywhere else. I bought a beautiful IWC automatic there for very reasonable money. The nicer watches tend to be snapped up quickly, leaving the damaged ones to sit unsold.

The dial is full of spots, which means that the original finish is damaged to the point of allowing moisture to oxidize the metal underneath.

The movement is the only part of the watch that has any value, and that is for parts.

BTW, I will never buy a watch from Argentina. Too many frankenwatches and scammers there. Not worth the risk to me.
    gatorcpa

19. Temprus Jun 5, 2017

Thank you! Than you have a luck with your IWC. His Omegas don't looks so good. But what about $200? I'm confused. Do I wrong?

20. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 5, 2017

I don't understand your question.

I realize that English is probably not your primary language.

You may want to consider using Google Translate in your home language.
    gatorcpa