Forums Latest Members
  1. uniformblack Feb 5, 2015

I've done a lot of research and I can't seem to fault it... albeit I'm quite new to the scene, I have fallen for these darn vintage watches all thanks to my grandfather's 'Enicar'.

It's a Seamaster automatic with a 1020 day date movement, the only thing I noticed is some of these movements have a circular indent with the omega symbol in them, this one doesn't.. but neither does the 1020 teardown posted on here. I was a bit concerned about the S on the 'seamaster' but perhaps it changed over the years?

I'm being asked for about USD$300.. reasonable?

Thanks for your time!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. speedbird Feb 5, 2015

The watch is fine, but will almost certainly require a service

3. uniformblack Feb 6, 2015

Thanks =)

4. megamon Feb 6, 2015

Hello,
    I agree, the bracelet, case, movement and dial are all original Omega products. The S has slightly different script in this model. If they are all original to this reference I am not 100% sure. You need the reference to cross verify.

Price wise - not sure if this is the proper section for that type of consultation. In my experience that is a fair price. I have sold one at $450 through eBay, after being serviced. I think it's a fair value. Make sure to check the movement, wind it slowly and feel for rigid-ness, try the quick set features for day and date, it should have it in this model. Also make sure the rotor moves freely and if possible check timegrapher results. Most cases and overhaul will be all that's needed but some repairs can be very costly, past experience....

The inside of the case back should have a reference model, type it into the Omega database and it will give you vital information. Here is the link:
    http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-watches-database

Overall I think this is a good find!

Best,
    Pinzon

uniformblack and TNTwatch like this.