Forums Latest Members
  1. Matailada Jul 15, 2013

Hello everybody,
    I am new to Omegas and new to this forum. I'm writing regarding an omega seamaster that was given to me a couple of weeks ago. Now I am wondering if it is real or if it is redialed... Can you help me? It seems that the dial does not match with the ref number and the hands. For example, when compared to this Seamaster http://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/help-model-year-vintage-omega-seamaster-712596.html the hands match, but there are differences on the dial.
    The watch was a gift to me and I think it is really beautiful so I will use it whichever way it is. I am just curious!
    Thank you in advance
    Matilda

20130710_174104.jpg
    Inuti_för internet.jpg

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 15, 2013

Your dial appears to be original and in nice condition.

There were numerous dial variations for this model.

3. Matailada Jul 16, 2013

Thank you for your answer.
    Does anybody know what kind of information you get when asking (paying!) the omega archive in Switzerland? I mean, can I, form the information I would get there, identify the dial and hands for example?

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 16, 2013

Highly unlikely for a standard production run watch but it will give you some basic details, here's a copy of one of mine for example.

Sorry, you'll have to read it sideways :oops:

IMG_0074.JPG

5. Matailada Jul 16, 2013

Thanks for the picture! Good to know what to expect if I would order the extract. But.... the information given is not worth 75 CHF to me. Not yet, anyway :)