Forums Latest Members
  1. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Dec 3, 2014

I still don't have a Speedie, although I have 2 vintage Omegas... I'd like a pre-moon, but can't spend over 2.5K.

How about this 145.022-69 transitional 861 cal with recent service, and a described 'quartz'-quality timekeeping?
    He's waiting for me to make an offer in the AM:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Edited Dec 3, 2014
  2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 3, 2014

Not a transitional of course, see here:
    http://www.speedmaster101.com/145-022-6869-transitional/

But nonetheless a worth having watch.

Its a wearable example, not fine, and in need I expect, (and judge from the photos) of a service.

This serial range produces dials that fade or change in an attractive way. This dial shows some change, but the photos are not good enough for me to judge it.

I like the watch, but as ever its down to the price. Remember to budget $600 for a service. (if its not $600 then it a poke in the innards by a battery changer)

Price?

Well I rarely succeed when someone says "Make me an offer" - unless they have asked a price first, which may be the case here, you don't make it clear.

Have a poke through the site link I gave you. There is a price chart.

TNTwatch likes this.
  3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 3, 2014

This is a transitional:
    1-tran.jpg

esspee1200 and TLIGuy like this.
  4. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Dec 3, 2014

Thanks!

So, this one only lacks the 321 dial, where the Ω would be applied?

Should one expect, then that this dial will most likely eventually fade to brown? I'd LOVE that!

And, he didn't give me a starting price, so I guess my offer is....(think) (look up SM101!....)...slightly under what I said I could afford (2300)..

Edited Dec 3, 2014
  5. repoman Dec 3, 2014

I'm with Spacefruit, and think this watch looks like a good authentic '69 Speedy. Looks all original, case and case back look pretty good, not overly polished. This could fit in your budget but you'll have to be good with your negotiation - for negotiating price, use everything to your advantage, point out perceived shortfalls in this piece (and make some up if you have to :D), like so:
    1. painted Omega logo instead of applied logo
    2. short dial plots instead of the longer 321 style dial plots
    3. You say recent service, but how recent? You could question that and say you need to budget for a watchmaker to do a full inspection at the very least
    4. 861 movement less desirable than a 321
    5. Case and case back have been polished, losing some value/authenticity (remember, you are looking for every little thing to negotiate with)
    6. Doesn't have original bracelet (pics show different straps/bracelet, so hard to tell what you are getting with this watch, but negotiate accordingly)
    7. No original box or papers

If it were me, I'd start with a lowball offer after pointing out "deficiencies"... then come up as needed within my budget. Good luck.

dougiedude likes this.