Forums Latest Members
  1. ChrisN Dec 13, 2014

Hi Guys

Not very good pictures but, this does appear to be a 176.0001. I was expecting a tachymeter scale but there is no room in the crystal for it. Or, it could be on an external bezel but the link below doesn't seem to have one either. Anyway, there is nowhere to attach a bezel in the second picture.

It looks genuine to me. Any thoughts?

It's not serviced and the case clearly needs some restoration but it is a little different. Dial and hands look fine. Any idea about the value of these in Europe?

176a.jpg

176b.jpg

There is a nice blue dial one shown here:
    http://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-vintage-seamaster-176-007.10545/#post-123223

Thanks for any help, Chris

2. ICONO Dec 22, 2014

Aaaaaah..............Just seen your thread here on the Forum.....Mmmmmm......photographs are a tad familiar

This would be the one being sold in Spain, a week, or so back ...with the full 22 x link, vintage 1171, bracelet ?

Afraid this is now an 'incoming'.........will attempt to post some half decent snaps, once it eventually turns up, & is tidied

3. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Dec 22, 2014

This should definitely be a ref 176.001.

ChrisN likes this.
  4. ChrisN Dec 23, 2014

Yes, that's the one! I watched the auction end, twice I think, but in the end decided I didn't need another light project watch but, it may be just fine as is. Couldn't make up my mind about the bracelet and it's using a Cal 1040 which must be one of the most complicated calibres so beyond my abilities to service at the moment.

I hope it's a good one and will look for the photos.

Cheers, Chris

5. ICONO Dec 23, 2014

Chris - Thank you for your kind wishes !

Fingers crossed it should be OK ..............'Due diligence' has been exercised

The transaction was negotiated & facilitated by another Member of the Forum, & a very, very good friend of mine - 'Vintage'

He is a businessman living outside Barcelona, who very kindly acts as my 'poste restante' when I am buying in Spain / Italy, & will forward the watch to me, once he is satisfied that all is correct.

Hey Ho ! - We shall see - Will let you know how it all transpires

My very best wishes to you, Chris, for the Holiday period

Regards Patrick