Forums Latest Members
  1. jfmiii Apr 13, 2017

pitpro likes this.
  2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 13, 2017

Looks that way to me. Or this is put together.

marco likes this.
  3. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Apr 13, 2017

I'm not so sure. Doesn't look so different from my old MkV lumewise (same oxidation of the hands as well). I reckon relumers would have aimed for a better match between the lume in the hands and on the dial.

Pearl looks off though.

4. jfmiii Apr 13, 2017

thanks guys. pearl looks off, which is why i started looking at the lume. the texture of the lume looks original to me albeit it has receded some. however, i am not a expert on it.

5. Overgrower Apr 13, 2017

To me looks like the lume has shrunk from the edges, but doesn't look like a relume. Usually relumes show a uniform appearance around the newly applied luminous material.

6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 13, 2017

If it is its very well done. Pearl does look off but that's a minor infraction really.

mbeast likes this.
  7. LawBrk Apr 13, 2017

Is that actually a pearl or is it filler with out an actual pearl?

8. pitpro Likes the game. Apr 13, 2017

Looks like 2 different layers of lume to me.
    And they are different colors.
    Nice fat case though.
    Looks like some rube said, 'hey my dial
    and pip doesnt glow anymore, can u fix it?'
    Pass

9. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Apr 14, 2017

This is not 2 layers of lume and no shrinking...
    Looks original and possibly exposed to some elements that caused it to get like that, dried out/brittle. Looks like someone cleaned it off around the edge.
    With a case like that, I would source another dial or just clean the remaining trit and leave it as a wash dial. Definitely does not look stable..

10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 14, 2017

It does look pretty stable to me. Shrinking is normal. When it's cracking then thats unstable for sure but as long as you maintain the movement this does not see a huge risk to me.

11. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Apr 14, 2017

Your opinion about not looking stable... I personally would not buy it, not worth the risk..
    Great forum for discussing different opinions..
    I agree shrinking is normal but this is not the case here..

Nobel Prize likes this.
  12. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 14, 2017

Not sure im seeing where it's unstable, but i suppose time will tell.

13. jimmyd13 Apr 14, 2017

I don't think that has been relumed at all. Rather, you've got a loss of material and the paint beneath is showing. Whether or not the remaining material is stable, I'll reserve any judgment. The hour and minute hands have aged differently, suggesting replacement hands early on in its life, yet the seconds hand is a good match .. .that's a little odd in itself as you'd expect a Rolex service centre/agent to replace the set or not at all. The pearl is certainly not original, so it all comes down to price. Sub $6500 probably isn't unreasonable but I'm not drawn to "wanting" this example.

OMGRLX likes this.
  14. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Apr 14, 2017

From the pics we know it is a dealer, so no great price. Relume...I doubt it, great lume...far from it. All gets down to price...

nsumner and OMGRLX like this.
  15. ATWG Apr 14, 2017

Tritium on the two o'clock marker is the dead giveaway. Most of the outer ring has been lost and cleaned off at somenpoint. This will continue unless it's some how stabalized. I would not be a buyer at this point unless the price was well below market.

16. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Apr 14, 2017

You can always just pop the pearl out if you can't find a suitable, vintage, aged, genuine replacement.

watchknut likes this.