Forums Latest Members
  1. onlyomega Sep 5, 2012

Hi everyone. I am new to this website and I like vintage Omega watches.

I saw this listing from Ebay. The watch is very nice looking and according to the seller, everything is original. It is hard to believe that a 1959 dial can still look that good after 50 years. What do you guys think? And in term of the price, what should be the fair price for this watch? The dial is not rose gold. Only the hour markers appear to be rose gold color.

Here is the link to the website.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Autom...ristwatches&hash=item3cca29248d#ht_3636wt_952Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 5, 2012

Usually when its too good to be true, it is, but I'll let the Constellation experts scrutinise the dial

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 5, 2012

I know this seller. One of the few that does a total stripdown and service of watches sold. Not all of his watches have original dials or movements. I think that this particular dial is original. Hands should be a little bit shorter for this dial.

Price is very high for the watch. However, I think it would be difficult to find one with this dial, movement combination and condition. For that kind of money, I would want an Omega signed crystal and the proper hands.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 5, 2012

Polished case, dial looks original with light patina - not sure markers are rose gold as they look more yellow in the pictures, and movement looks clean. Agree with gator - hands wrong and price too high. If the markers are indeed rose gold and if the right length hands are provided then a price about 20-25% lower would be a better fit.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 5, 2012

Some problems but nothing not fixable, except the price, way to much.

6. onlyomega Sep 6, 2012

Thank you guys. I only looked the dial but I did not realize that watch could have incorrect hands. And yes, the price is too high.