Is the Omega 15-jewel stopwatch rare?

I actually have a vintage Omega stopwatch. Its name is "15 Jewel," and it bears the identification number 10532894.

My mother's great-grandfather purchased it at least more than a century ago, possibly during, before, or after the First World War.

I have also attached some photos here for your assessment. Could you please provide insights on its age, rarity, and any additional information you may have?

In general stopwatches are not valuable.

restoration costs would likely far exceed any value of the piece.

also I don’t think it’s a stop watch. It’s a pocket watch with a weird crown.

Like 2
It’s not a stopwatch or at least doesn’t seem to be one, it’s a steel 1940s pocket watch.

Without meaning to be pessimistic, it looks like junk and will no doubt cost more to get running than the $100-200 it’s worth when running properly.

If it’s sentimental, you could have a watchmaker glue the dial chip back in place, reinstall the second hand and wipe the case down. It might be a nice memento to keep in a pocket watch stand (from your watchmaker or Amazon).

I actually have a vintage Omega stopwatch. Its name is "15 Jewel," and it bears the identification number 10532894.

My mother's great-grandfather purchased it at least more than a century ago, possibly during, before, or after the First World War.
As already stated what you have is a late 1940’s pocket watch that is missing its crown.

Did your family bury it in the garden for safekeeping?