Forums Latest Members

Is the JB champion adventure over?

1. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Jun 6, 2017

I can find a couple of threads about repairing a JB Champion mesh but I can't find out if anyone succeeded and the bracelet works like it should again.

When I pulled out the spring bars from my almost newly purchased JBC mesh the curved end-pieces came apart. The spring is no where to be found but I didn't see it fall out onto the table. Hmmm...
    IMG_2772.JPG

Anyway, as far as I can see it is only the spring that is missing, which ties together the two end pieces preventing them from coming apart (https://omegaforums.net/threads/can-my-vintage-jb-champion-band-be-fixed.27763/). This should be a fairly easy task (I think) providing you have the spring. Nothing else came loose during the horrible event.

So has anyone re-fitted a spring on one of these? I will post a WTB if anyone has a spare spring :) Otherwise I might try to find a "cheap" JB Champion with the correct endlinks and raid it.

This bracelet looks soooo cool but gosh it seems fragile.

If a spring can't be re-fitted the bracelet still functions as the endlinks are still securely attached when the bracelet is fitted. They will just come of every time I remove the bracelet :(

Would really appreciate any help and advice :)

Edited Jun 6, 2017
  2. LawBrk Jun 6, 2017

Is it both ends?

If you don't find the spring let me know, I may have some non-desirable JBs for just this reason. :rolleyes:

Togri v. 2.0 likes this.
  3. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jun 6, 2017

You likely shot it against the room! Hands and knees and flashlight!

Tom

Togri v. 2.0 likes this.
  4. wsfarrell Jun 6, 2017

I've replaced one of those springs. My watchmaker had a box of springs he let me look through, and I found one that worked. Here's a thread on it, with a picture of the (broken) spring. Good luck!

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 6, 2017

IMG_4590.JPG

Easy fix! Right there on the label

6. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Jun 7, 2017

No it is only one end. The other is doing fine. Yes the spring is probably long gone. No chance of finding it. Spend an hour searching yesterday and came up with nothing :(

Thx @LawBrk I might shoot you a PM if nothing else presents itself.

@wsfarrell Ugh, how could I miss that one. Nice thread. Also found one on TZ this morning http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ten-a-JB-Champion-Mesh-Strap-%96-(NASA-strap)

I'll try my local watchmaker as the first. I know he fixes all sort of things. I might persuade him to give it a go :)

Thx guys. I still live in hope that it is not money out of the window :)

7. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jun 9, 2017

Put a brand-new bag in your vacuum cleaner and try again. You never know!

Tom

Togri v. 2.0 likes this.
  8. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Jun 9, 2017

I will actually try that this weekend. Thx for tip :)

9. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Sep 13, 2017

And... ? ::popcorn::