Forums Latest Members

Is the 8500g movement the same as 8900 movement?

1. mrmahdi Sep 23, 2019

Greetings,

I have an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 150m 41.5mm that is a Master Co-axial. I know it’s not METAS certified but shouldn’t be as close in terms of specs to METAS?

I read somewhere that the 8500g movement is basically the same as the 8900 movement, save a few cosmetic changes.

I lose and gain seconds on my watch. Some days it is spot on after a day other days I might lose 0.5-1.5 seconds a day and sometimes gain around the same a day.

How accurate should a Master Co-axial be?

Thanks in advance!

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 23, 2019

According to Omega: https://www.omegawatches.com/planet...certification/#advantage_MasterChronometer/01

"TWICE AS PRECISE AS ANY OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED CHRONOMETER
    Our Master Chronometer watches are tested and certified twice. Firstly, the movement is tested by the Official Swiss Chronometer Control (COSC) with precision criteria of -4/+6 seconds per day. Then the complete watch and its movement undergo eight Master Chronometer tests set by the Swiss Federal Institute of Metrology (METAS) with criteria of 0/+5 seconds per day."

3. mrmahdi Sep 23, 2019

I know about the specs but from I heard that the 8500g movement is the same as the 8900. The 8500g is a master co-axial while the 8900 is a master chronometer.

So I’m wondering if a master co-axial spec is different than COSC but near or equal to the METAS.