Forums Latest Members

Is Omega consolidating their US service centers?

1. roman9662 Jan 26, 2020

This Friday I called the Chicago OB to inquire about where do they send their watches for service. Many years ago I had a bad experience with the New Jersey center just after they had relocated from Lancaster, PA. At that time it was the sole US service center. I 'm sure the issues have long been resolved but once snake bit...
    Anyways I was told they shipped to the Seattle service center and that I need not worry about New Jersey because it was in the process of being shutdown as most of the other centers would close and servicing would consolidate in Seattle.
    Is this old news, new news or misinformation?

2. 8100_RPM Jan 26, 2020

Doesn’t Seattle already handle service for all of the U.S. boutiques?

3. flw history nerd Jan 26, 2020

I don't know about all of them, but I sent a 1966 Constellation for service through the Boutique in Michigan ... it went to Seattle and returned quickly, good as new.

4. roman9662 Jan 27, 2020

Thanks for the clarifying info. I'm just hopelessly behind.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 27, 2020

According to the current website there are still four US service centers:

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/customer-service/finding-a-service-centre/country/united-states

The Miami center is fairly new, having been set up in the last 5-10 years. There is also the US campus of the Nicolas Hayek School of Watchmaking right next door, so I don't think that center is closing anytime soon.

It may be that Omega will close one or more of them in the future. I get the impression that these centers are regional, depending on the location of the particular boutique, but I suppose a customer could make a specific request based on past experience good or bad.
    gatorcpa

6. killer67 Jan 27, 2020

My last recent service was in California Service Center and had a great experience

timecube likes this.
  7. 8100_RPM Jan 29, 2020

It looks like there is a new Omega service center in Everett, Washington. The interesting things is it is a Watches of Switzerland store.