Forums Latest Members

Is my New Planet Ocean 8500 Co Axial Real?

1. OmegaManRolexMan Oct 28, 2016

Hello guys and let me just say this is my first Omega watch I have ever owned , so call me a omega Noob. I have a few breitlings and rolexes but havw decided to try Omega out for the first time. I purchased this SM planet Ocean 42MM 8500 Co Axial brand new on the grey market and im pretty sure it is kosher but want a second opinion from omega enthusiasts. One of my iffy things was no markings on the backside of the end links referring to bracelet #, there ARE markings on the bottom of the clasp and three letters on a different part. Serial Matches Card and everything seems legit but this one thing. Pics are below - Thanks! I watched other videos on YOUTUBE and the bracelets shown there have markings on the bottom side of the solid end links...myne doesnt - maybe myne is newer? Please help me!!!

IMG_1292.JPG IMG_1294.JPG IMG_1295.JPG IMG_1296.JPG IMG_1298.JPG IMG_1300.JPG
  2. OmegaManRolexMan Oct 28, 2016

anyone?? ::popcorn::

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 28, 2016

Need high quality shots of the movement.

You also need to wait more then 20 minutes for someone to do a free service for you.

PandaSPUR, n_ko, dinexus and 6 others like this.
  4. OmegaManRolexMan Oct 28, 2016

Alright ill take some high quality of the coaxial

5. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Oct 28, 2016

The movement passes my initial smell test: the jewel and screw layout looks right, and I have yet to see a faker etch "Omega" and "Si14" on a dark coloured balance wheel, as I see in your photo.

6. OmegaManRolexMan Oct 28, 2016

another shot

IMG_1346.JPG
  7. OmegaManRolexMan Oct 28, 2016

My quirk was there is no # etched on the end links ( back side of end links ) in other POs i see they have a 3 digit number engraved on the bracelet inner end link right in the middle

8. OmegaManRolexMan Oct 28, 2016

perhaps this was only older 8500s? myne must be atleast 2015 model im assuming

9. VillageIdiot Oct 28, 2016

I'm leaning towards "authentic", but these shots are blurry and unclear, and are missing a clear simultaneous view of both barrels one and two (a clear shot of the balance wheel jewel would also be helpful). A pic of the barrels is important because, unless the fakers have really stepped up their game, fakes could generally be historically determined simply by looking at the locations of barrels one and two.

In a real 8500 movement, barrels one and two are rotated, oh, maybe 30 degrees to the right of center, as in the second pic here (this is the real movement): http://forums.watchuseek.com/f441/real-fake-omega-po-8500-a-689647.html#post5024111

With fakes, the barrels seem rotated to the left of center (or maybe even centered), as in this fake: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f441/aqua-terra-authenticity-check-2667474.html

10. OmegaManRolexMan Oct 28, 2016

hope this helps , pretty sure its authentic. First time going grey market - i knew id be skeptical hehe

IMG_1477.JPG
  11. OmegaManRolexMan Oct 28, 2016

the co axial movement must be hard to replicate ...maybe im just paranoid- i got it from authenticwatches.com and they have a lot of bad crazy yelp feedbacks but i think i got lucky..

12. VillageIdiot Oct 28, 2016

Yeah, the barrel locations look right. Looks authentic to me.

Big GM dealers like authenticwatches almost certainly have, well, authentic watches. The stories you'll often hear about big GM dealers are not about authenticity, but about returns, customer service, and warranty support (GM dealers have to provide their own warranties, because there is no manufacturer warranty). If you should someday have problems with the watch (within the GM warranty period), I suggest that you ignore the warranty and pay to get it fixed yourself. Going back to the GM dealer for GM warranty support is how some GM horror stories start. If you pay for it yourself, you can take it to any reputable place -- even Omega (they may charge you for a full service, but that's currently US$525, plus costs for any special replacement parts.)

SmokyT likes this.
  13. OmegaManRolexMan Oct 28, 2016

thanks man big help - yeah both my breitlings surpassed the ad warranty without needing anything so i see it as a waste in my experience i had to pay $700 for a breitling service on a ETA valjoux 4 years in

14. deryk527 Oct 28, 2016

Looks good to me. Congrats on a beautiful watch.

15. OmegaManRolexMan Oct 28, 2016

thanks dude i am loving it

16. nurseford25 Oct 28, 2016

It is legit. Looks exactly like mine. Enjoy!

17. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Oct 29, 2016

I can tell this is very Genuine ! Enjoy it :)

18. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 29, 2016

Be careful. Some of the best fakes I've ever seen are of this generation Planet Ocean. They are scary good. At one point the He valve had the wrong knurling and that was basically it on the front of this watch. Hence why you need movement pictures on this model.

Maybe you know this but when you verify a watch you should point out what you looked at as others have done in this thread :)

Nitzbar likes this.
  19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 29, 2016

Serialnumber:87661226
    Article ref:23230422101001

Seems to match what you have there...

Micmicmotorbike and Nobel Prize like this.
  20. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Oct 29, 2016

Agree, i judged my answer to an old Version which looks the same ;)

Thanks for the advise though