Forums Latest Members

Is it wrong to want another already!?

1. Maximus84 Dec 28, 2014

Well, I bought my first high-end watch just over a month ago - a brand new sapphire sandwich Speedy Pro. With many thanks to a lot of contributors here who helped me make that decision.

Although I wear it and wind it every day, and still can't believe I have such a piece of horological history on my wrist, I'm still looking for more!E

Is this how it starts!? It was never meant to be the start of to a collection, but I'm hooked! But what to go for next!?

2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 28, 2014

Barking mad, NT931 and Maximus84 like this.
  3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 28, 2014

DocHolliday, TLIGuy and Maximus84 like this.
  4. harrymai86 Dec 28, 2014

me too, just got exact same one as you, not brand new though, but I am already hooked on another piece. Start saving for 2nd the exact moment I got my 1st

Maximus84 likes this.
  5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 28, 2014

Heh, I've got one coming that I haven't seen yet and I'm already looking for my next one. I need help - in finding the next one, and/or stopping for a while!

6. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Dec 28, 2014

There are a bunch of enablers on this message board, so really you need to either not log in or accept the fact that you will own many more Omegas. Your choice.

watchme, dougiedude and oddboy like this.
  7. Shem Dec 28, 2014

Yes, this is how it starts, and it gets much worse. :p I recommend getting out while you can and simply enjoying the watch you have! This isn't a hobby, it's an illness.

8. jud Dec 28, 2014

Totally agree with this.

9. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Dec 28, 2014

I tried the 'not logging on' technique for a few days, but I got depressed, with shaking chills and diarrh... well, I'll spare you the details :eek:, I think you all know what I mean...

I've got the Need...

For Speed>>>>!!!!!!

Nobel Prize and oddboy like this.
  10. gtuck Dec 28, 2014

This is how it started for me. And compounding the problem is that each watch I bought got more expensive. After my last watch, I said I'm done....that's it. Enough already. Then I started looking at a Master Aqua Terra and joined this group. Fortunately, it was sold before I got to make an offer. :)

11. Maximus84 Dec 29, 2014

Haha, thanks guys - this is starting to sound like a support group!

I love my new acquisition, and wear it every day, but there are so many other fine models it would be rude to not at least have a look...

oddboy likes this.
  12. flw history nerd Dec 29, 2014

This entire forum is one big encounter group therapy site! I'm on the same path as you - I bought my Seamaster Pro Diver in October, and last month I added a Prometheus Manta Ray to my small gathering of watches. I have my eye on a black Rolex Submariner Date next ... After that, maybe a Hamilton ... Eventually a vintage Omega. I'm completely helpless in the grip of this disease ...

oddboy likes this.
  13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 29, 2014

+1.

14. DocHolliday Dec 29, 2014

I completely understand. I think I was a few weeks behind you when I bought my first speedy. This wasn't the first Omega I've owned, but I found myself more attached to it than other models I've owned in the past. I have a sense of pride while wearing it knowing every time I gaze at the time its like stepping into a history class! I already have my eye on a couple vintage pieces. Don't tell the fiancee!

15. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Dec 29, 2014

The answer is, yes it is wrong to want another one already - you should be making a target list by now.

Maximus84 likes this.
  16. harrymai86 Dec 29, 2014

here comes the enablers and the support group.

17. alfanator Dec 30, 2014

Unlike wives, you could have as many cool watches as your heart desires and your budget allows. Why resist?

18. Maximus84 Dec 30, 2014

Well, I quite like the look of the liquid metal POs, and maybe a 'special' edition Speedy - really liking the Speediorite at the moment. The next one is likely to be a bit dressier though - maybe an AT with blue dial.

I'm more than happy to stick with Omega at the moment as well. I've looked at various Rolexs and tried to like them, but I just, don't. They all seem a bit bland and dated to me. I'm learning a lot more about other brands though and starting to engage more in the fine art of horology.

Something tells me this is gonna get expensive...

19. anselmw Dec 31, 2014

I hear you on liquid metal! I like them as well.

[​IMG]

20. yande Dec 31, 2014

Seriously Maximus84, if you want what I have, just keep logging into this great forum and check the sales forum regularly. Choice will no longer be an option!

Ask your new found friends here what watch would be great for your 2nd., 3rd., ...8th.. Snag a few bargains, (Heuers', Panerais' etc) along the way, and seriously, you will have stumbled upon one of the greatest hobbies, passions, that life can provide. Well that at least is how it is for me.
    Take your time, do your research, make some mates.. Who knows? After 5 years, I have at least 2 watches that are worth more than I paid for them, that is out of about 25!! ;) I love it. It's not about the investment, it's about the passion and pride of wearing mechanical, if not art. Well at least for me.

If it is a good buy, and you like it, why not?

I've moved a couple of these, plus added a few others..
    IMG_8300.JPG