Forums Latest Members
  1. Markfox2000 Jan 15, 2013

I bought this Geneve Dynamic in 1977 (secondhand). It cost me my first ever weeks wage......
    I have never seen another one that has a numbered dial, mainly either no numbers or just numbers on the 3 6 9 and 12. It is a manual wind which i believe is quite rare.
    I have no idea on the movement number as it is inside the casing.
    It has been viewed by watches of Switzerland who say it is original and not altered in any way.
    Vintage Omega say it will probably cost around 300 - 400 GBP to make it like new....... is it worth it???? Any ideas on its value now??? It has a scratch on the glass that can hardly be seen and 2 of the bracelet links are dinted due to a motorcycle crash.
    Thanks
    Mark 001 (2).jpg back.JPG strap.JPG

004.JPG
  2. ulackfocus Jan 15, 2013

An independent can do the job for half that or less. You've been through a lot with that watch - it's earned a complete spa treatment.

3. Lex4TDI4Life Jan 15, 2013

Beware, too, that the watchmaker's definition of "make it like new" might involve polishing the case, replacing or reluming the hands and doing other things that not only cost you in service, but diminish the value of the watch itself.

4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 15, 2013

Was this up for sale on eBay recently ?Think I had it in my watch list :D

Personally I think it is worth having STS service it if you are keeping it. I've done that with mine & am happy with the results and the 2 year warranty.

The UK market price on these has plunged over the last 2 or 3 months (no idea why) so now isn't a good time to sell anyway.

5. Markfox2000 Jan 16, 2013

Thanks for the info guys.................

Yes, it was / is again on ebay...... the latest offer is £180.
    Oh well, i guess i will put it back in the drawer and keep it for a few more years!
    The guy from watches of switzerland told me NEVER take your Omega to a high street shop to get serviced as they dont have the proper omega parts to do the job.... you will be asking for trouble.

6. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 16, 2013

Last year these were going for £600-700 without a problem. For some reason pirces have dropped to £300-400 recently. I'd hold on to it if I were you.

7. Markfox2000 Jan 16, 2013

Yes, I think I will keep hold of it for a while............ not letting it go for that little!
    Thanks
    Mark