Forums Latest Members
  1. rv1138 Apr 23, 2019

Is it typical for a Speedy Pro to gain time? I enter the Omega ranks a couple months ago and bought a Sapphire Sandwich Speedy Pro..

It seems to gain time an not lose it? I don' thave any real accurate way of testing, other then looking at my phone day to day. I do tend to keep it wound.. Call it a nervous habit? Or maybe since I'm looking at it a lot still... That I just see if it needs any winding.. lol

But, as odd of a question as this may sound, should I be concerned at all about this kind of situation?

2. Vicke Apr 23, 2019

How much time does it gain?

As for winding, fully winding it once a day should be enough.

3. Meme-Dweller Apr 23, 2019

Since you have a sapphire caseback, you should be able to tell that the watch works due to a bunch of gears and springs. It's going to be accurate, but not super accurate due to the limitations of the hardware. If you want high accuracy, you need a quartz/battery-powered movement.

Also, it's always better to gain than lose time. You'd rather be early for your flight than late for it, mmmmk?

eugeneandresson likes this.
  4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 23, 2019

The range for average daily rate is between -1 and +11 seconds per day. Since the range is skewed to the positive heavily, it's not unusual at all for it to gain time.

rv1138 and Bimmerman77 like this.
  5. shoota70 Apr 23, 2019

am i the only one that keeps a record of it on my desk?

nearly everyday I measure it against yesterday, and play with resting positions.

6. Bimmerman77 Apr 23, 2019

Mine ran approximately +6 a day. Some days better. Totally happy with that

7. RemiWM Apr 23, 2019

My first Speedy bought new in 2015 gained +12 sek per day after a few months use. In for a adjustment and 10 min later it ran +2 sek per day. My second Speedy (2017) ran +1,5 sek out of the box.