Is it normal or a manufacturing defect for an omega to have off centered date wheel? What causes it?

Great additional posts with additional cherry picking of what you respond to!

I always find gaslighting so entertaining! So let's lay out how it works.

When asked if you understand that crooked, off-center pictures are misleading, you answered with "I was just giving examples"
The message this sends: I'm not going to answer your question about off-center images because it's not in my interest to do so. Also I've posted a bunch of images of this so it must be common, even if the sources (like r/Reptime) are questionable. Oh, and not to mention they might be in date change. But don't worry about that, these really are examples can't you tell?

"Wanting to know if it is common or not (emoji)"
The message this sends: I've posted several images of this and I've already suggested it's common and now I'm re-asserting it!

"Expecting a watch that costs $5000+ to have nice alignment is too much to ask? (emoji) now, i don't know if i want an omega anymore"
The message this sends: Other than the fact that this completely ignores the poster above who is literally telling you to satisfy your OCD by doing the work yourself, your message is clear: All Omegas are off-alignment- that's my only option so I don't want it anymore.

"i don't expect perfection, i expect nice alignment"
The message this sends: Any Omega I would buy would clearly be out of alignment.
::screwloose:: Ok. Great stuff.

Also, did you honestly go out of your way to post lower case "i's" in this many posts? I can't imagine any modern platform of posting that would let you do that. that's impressive, points awarded for that touch.

"is it something that happens across all the brands(rolex,tudor,breitling,iwc,cartier etc)? Or is it something where OMEGA falls short to other brands in the price range."
The message this sends: Omega falls short vs. the other brands. Heck, you've already suggestively asserted that in your opening post, so this is just more of the same- digging for a specific answer and ignoring any reasonable suggestion or question anyone else asks.

Also, it should be impossible for anyone to disregard the fact that you've clearly shown yourself capable of using google to collect images to supplement your post- so the logical question for anyone reading this should be, why are you even asking this as opposed to just using google to find the dozens of search results of Rolex, GS, and Seiko watches with off-center date windows and other various quality control issues?

"If i start a luxury brand tomorrow, i want my customers to be exactly like you, argumentative,out of touch with reality and easily satisfied. :thumbsup:"
The message this sends: You're too stupid to see how badly Omega misaligns ALL their watches based upon this miniscule sample.

Great touch, love it. also with the lower case i's. It's picture-perfect.

Oh- and welcome to the forum btw! You likely won't find it the same environment as r/Reptime (which, I can't tell if you are there a lot or were just really digging for those images!), we're a bit more serious here.

That's a lonnnng post.
I can't be as thorough as you but I will just try to get my point across.
About the pictures I have chosen: they are the latest pictures from the latest models, I tried to post the best angle possible but even if they look weird to you; here are some more "authentic" photos, including the constellation lol from the forum:
Screenshot_2024-07-31-01-11-30-73_93753c020959de0ef194d6b95604fb93.jpg 1730454-5f8a0417be09e9d5533b9feb90aad8d0.jpgEZBMAlp.jpeg

None of them are at 10 pm to 2 am. About the 1st photo:The op in the seamaster picture confirmed 10:55 is am not pm in the picture.

They all are clearly off centered.

2nd point: I am not asserting all omegas are off centered but the number of posts I have seen of reddit is a bit too much, not just date wheel but also seconds hand on the speedmaster and the bezel of the smp300. I tried searching for rolexes just as much, but there seems to be not as many posts(there are but not nearly as much). I have seen a lot about tudor, a few about breitling, non about iwc and cartier. Based on that I asked, "if omega falls short of other brands?" Because that's what I have come across.

"If I start a luxury brand tomorrow, I want my customers to be exactly like you, argumentative,out of touch with reality and easily satisfied. :thumbsup:"
The message this sends: You're too stupid to see how badly Omega misaligns ALL their watches based upon this miniscule sample.

If one can't see the obvious then one is kinda stupid, ::confused2:: sorry.

I specifically wanted to know if the miniscule example is the norm or not. That's why I specifically asked, "is it normal or a manufacturing defect". But it seems some are to focused on being dismissive.
But hey! Forget about me, what are YOU trying to assert? That I have cherry picked and that omegas in general, have better alignments? I am confused about YOUR stance.

Overall, that's just one example; i have watched so many reviews of so many omegas. A lot those reviews always mention some flaws in most of them. I understand no watch is perfect, but the flaws they mention should never be on a luxury watch in the first place....
Smp300: they say that the bracelet is sharp and sometimes hurts.
Smp300 nttd/60th jb: the mesh bracelet pulls hair, the bezel has backplay.
Sm300 heritage: the bezel has backplay.
Speedmaster 3861: the bracelet pulls hair.
Silver snoppy: has misaligned seconds hand.

All of the flaws they mention, should never be on a luxury watch in the first place.
When you combine all of these flaws with the ones I have mentioned then it does seem like omega makes compromised watches. Again I am not asserting it but the combined overview does seem like it.
That's all.

I think it's normal to expect a reasonably perfect alignment with any brand that has a good reputation. But you are asking about watches that you found photos of online (you don't know the whole story with them). Other than the first three photos, which look acceptable to me in terms of alignment, they are taken at weird angles.

On top of that, you have a big mouth and although people here are generally nice and welcoming, they have no reason to tolerate you.

My suggestion to you is to save up some more money and skip Omega, as it's clearly not good enough for you. That would also save the Omega customer service some headache after your first purchase.

Sorry if I came across as a big mouth. My intention wasn't that. I apologize for that.

It does seem like omega is not good enough for me. So, I think I will take your advice. I will buy something that meets my expectation. That will most certainly save me and omega customer service some headache.

Thanks for replying though.
Edited:

It does seem like omega is not good enough for me. So, I think take you advice. I will buy something that meets my expectation. That will most certainly save me and omega customer service some headache.

Looks like a good solution. When you've saved enough money to make that purchase, please let us know what you got, and post a few photos.

Like 2
If you can't see the obvious misaligned date on the saffron and the black lacquered dial then you must be an one eyed person or blind. They don't pass the 1/3, 2/3 visual. So, at least these two are definitely misalignments.
Generally speaking, as someone who is just getting into the hobby, it's a bit obnoxious to see people so deep into the hobby that they are completely out of touch with reality. "These are "mass production" watches, so you can't expect perfection" ::screwloose:: i don't expect perfection, i expect nice alignment.

A "mass production" watch from orient can have better alignment but a luxury watch can't?

If i start a luxury brand tomorrow, i want my customers to be exactly like you, argumentative,out of touch with reality and easily satisfied. :thumbsup:

I don't see anything but a photo of a watch. I'm not going to make any judgment on it unless I had it hand, like the manufacturer would insist if someone were making a warranty claim. I'm not insisting any other watches you've cherry-picked to make your odd point are misaligned or aligned. I don't claim that Omega ships watches that aren't out of tolerance and worth a warranty repair. I do suggest that a majority of their watches are perfectly in tolerance and unfortunately suffer from hyper-critical buyers and internet critics. I'm suggesting that looking at (imperfect) photos of (some fake Omega) watches, focusing on one thing, and insisting that Omega has a widespread problem with date window alignments is dumb. That's coming from someone who's been in this hobby for some time.

Good luck finding a watch you'll enjoy.

Like 1
I don't see anything but a photo of a watch. I'm not going to make any judgment on it unless I had it hand, like the manufacturer would insist if someone were making a warranty claim. I'm not insisting any other watches you've cherry-picked to make your odd point are misaligned or aligned. I don't claim that Omega ships watches that aren't out of tolerance and worth a warranty repair. I do suggest that a majority of their watches are perfectly in tolerance and unfortunately suffer from hyper-critical buyers and internet critics. I'm suggesting that looking at (imperfect) photos of (some fake Omega) watches, focusing on one thing, and insisting that Omega has a widespread problem with date window alignments is dumb. That's coming from someone who's been in this hobby for some time.

Good luck finding a watch you'll enjoy.

Hey! Thanks for replying. Sorry if I sounded aggressive, it was immature of me.
Since you have been in this hobby, as you stated for quite some time; are these tolerances across all brands? Have you owned any rolex, iwc etc etc. Do they have the same tolerances?

I understand no watch is perfect, but the flaws they mention should never be on a luxury watch in the first place
You are expecting perfection from a mass produced entry level brand. These watches come with warranties for a reason. If you find something you aren’t satisfied with, take it up with Omega.

You are expecting perfection from a mass produced entry level brand. These watches come with warranties for a reason. If you find something you aren’t satisfied with, take it up with Omega.

Again I would mention, all the misalignments aside; the problems the reviewers say omegas have, should never be in the first place.
Hair pulling from bracelet? Seriously, is it casio or omega we are talking about? Bezel having backplay? How hard would it be for a giant corporation to have them nice and solid? Have you seen the new micro adjustment on the aqua terras? Is it really that hard to have a better clasp? Look at a brand like formex or even erebus. Formex come at sub 2k, erebus under 500. Formex can have a better engineered micro adjustment but not a swiss giant? Sorry but i find the whole "It's entry level, you are expecting too much" to be very deluded. I think people forget just how much 5000+ actually is! Specially with current price increase you would expect them to at least notch up their quality like their prices.

Amazing what you will find when you search google images for "luxury watch misaligned." :rolleyes:

Not just the misalignments, but what people think constitutes a "luxury watch." Lots of mass-produced entry-level watches.

I am waiting for @padders to show up and tell the OP where to go.

Like 3
If you can't see the obvious misaligned date on the saffron and the black lacquered dial then you must be an one eyed person
When youre having a disagreement with someone, don't use this as a disparagement. It's badly misinformed and makes you sound ignorant as well as immature. As for the substantive question, I don't care either way.

Like 1
When youre having a disagreement with someone, don't use this as a disparagement. It's badly misinformed and makes you sound ignorant as well as immature. As for the substantive question, I don't care either way.

Yes i apologized to him for what i said, it was immature.

Must be another Psy101 project we here are subjected to from time to time......

or we have trouble here in River City, I say, Trouble!

That's with a capital T and ends in Double L

My spelling can be bad from time to time, but if the shoe fits........

Like 6
Formex come at sub 2k, erebus under 500. Formex can have a better engineered[…]
It seems you let Omega and their sub par engineering live rent free in your head. Do the forum and yourself a favor and just buy this Formex watch. You’ll bring us and yourself a little more peace.

Like 1
Yes i apologized to him for what i said, it was immature.
Perhaps we are eliding the point: somehow, I feel I may have failed to make the world a better place for one-eyed people. Oh well. Unfollowing now.

Must be another Psy101 project we here are subjected to from time to time......

Exactly. OP is a troll. Somehow capable of (obviously) vast amounts of googling issues Omega has, whilst at the same time incapable of googling similar results for other brands. Seemingly highly capable of long and detailed posts, but simultaneously utterly incapable of answering certain specific questions. Statedly coming here to ask if "issues" are common to Omega whilst (without any doubt) asserting the exact thing they are supposedly here to ask. Supposedly new to the watch world while, at the same time, obviously quite informed. Actually agreeing that Omega isn't for them, but casting doubt onto what value that agreement has as they are unable to move on.

EDITED TO ADD: Capable of calling out other people's logical fallacies whilst completely incapable of acknowledging their own. :D Classic gaslighting 101.

EDITED TO ALSO ADD: Oooooh, can't forget the "I AlReAdY AnzZsWeRveD uR QuAyStiOnEs" when not answering questions. That's classic.

We could make a list of the logical fallacies and hostile argumentative tactics used, or we could just call it what it is: pretty low quality trolling.
Edited:

Like 3
A Tesla Cybertruck cost north of $100k at the moment and lots of them were delivered with worse “defects” than these date wheel alignments.

https://electrek.co/2024/01/12/tesla-cybertruck-delivered-ridiculous-body-defects/

Classic whataboutism ::facepalm1::
Anyways I don't think there is any point continuing this thread. I used to think omega is probably the brand for me because I like their designs a lot along with the history. But it doesn't seem like it anymore. You guys enjoy your omegas. :thumbsup:

Like 2
Anyways I don't think there is any point continuing this thread. I used to think omega is probably the brand for me because I like their designs a lot along with the history. But it doesn't seem like it anymore. You guys enjoy your omegas. :thumbsup:
…and you enjoy your Casio:thumbsup:

Like 2

I absolutely love this post. Mad points for it. :D

Excellent! We will.
LmpwZw

Like 1
Exactly. OP is a troll. Somehow capable of (obviously) vast amounts of googling issues Omega has, whilst at the same time incapable of googling similar results for other brands. Seemingly highly capable of long and detailed posts, but simultaneously utterly incapable of answering certain specific questions. Statedly coming here to ask if "issues" are common to Omega whilst (without any doubt) asserting the exact thing they are supposedly here to ask. Supposedly new to the watch world while, at the same time, obviously quite informed. Actually agreeing that Omega isn't for them, but casting doubt onto what value that agreement has as they are unable to move on.

We could make a list of the logical fallacies and hostile argumentative tactics used, or we could just call it what it is: pretty low quality trolling.

Yeah yeah! I spent...sorry wasted 1 hour of my life replying to all the accusations you threw at me. You don't even reply with a competent reply. Just throw around accusations. I think, I tried to be as clear as possible when replying to you. But you instead tried to divert the point, replied with, "You have started using capital 'I's now" and proceeded to delete the reply later on.

Like 1
OP is a troll.
I think he expected people on OF would be outraged that someone is criticizing Omega watches, whereas in reality, we couldn't care less. We just want these people obsessed with silly details to go away.

Like 2