Forums Latest Members

Is it common for 3570 (speedy) to have subdial alignment issues?

1. Jezec Apr 23, 2020

The 30 minute subdial and the 12 hour subdial always reset slightly to the right (please see picture). You can't really see the 12 hour subdial since it's blocked by the chrono-hand.

IMG_5100.jpg
  2. Donn Chambers Apr 23, 2020

There are multiple reasons for this to happen, and yes, it is reasonably common. One reason could be the hands were not placed properly after a service. Another reason could be that the watch is in need of a service. What is the service history of the watch? did you buy it new? Used?

If it has just started doing this after many years and you have not have it serviced - it needs a service and that should resolve the issue. If it was this way after a service, the service was not done properly, or the hands were set wrong.

Some might suggest to simply take it to a watchmaker and ask to have the hands reset, but frankly, if the watchmaker doesn't insist on a service as well, I wouldn't trust them.

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. Dan S Apr 23, 2020

The dials are not misaligned as far as I can see, it's just the reset position of the hands, which is just an adjustment.

4. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Apr 23, 2020

I think that would be regarded as within Omega quality control tolerances. It's a ten minute job for a decent watchmaker to remove and replace the hands if it bothers you that much.

5. Jezec Apr 23, 2020

It doesn't bother me at all, but just wanted to know whether this is an easy fix come maintenance time. It's a ~6 year old watch and I don't want to bring it in to the shop yet since it's still running accurate. Appreciate the feedback.

6. Jezec Apr 23, 2020

Sorry, I meant the hands of the dial (not the dials itself). Appreciate the help.

7. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Apr 23, 2020

If it's six years old then its already past maintenance time. Get it serviced soon.

8. Jezec Apr 23, 2020

The watch was always like this - I just didn't bother to take a deeper look into it until now since the 6 year mark is almost maintenance time. But since this is not a big deal and the watch is still running smooth, I should be okay. Thanks!