Is it a good deal?

Hi
Im looking to get my first omega watch and after a thorough search in the past couple of months I decided to go with seamaster 300 with a black/blue dial ref 212.30.41.03.01/212.30.41.01.03. As the older ones have more a vintage feel and the new ones are too big and bulky for my taste
Long story short. I found a new one unworn (2021) with box, papers, stickers and stamped warranty card going for 3447$ everything included. I don’t want to be fooled on my first luxury watch. Is it a good deal?

These are remarkably good watches, 2500D has proven itself to be a very reliable and accurate movement at this stage and the nice thin case makes it sit really well on the wrist, great dial and bezel too. Enjoy wearing it mate and nice deal you got, I’d go for it as there aren’t that many of these still BNIB.

Yes the price doesn’t sound too bad and if you like the gloss dial it’s a great watch. I would be wary of the warranty status though. Bear in mind the watch could have been manufactured 5+ years ago and already need a service ( the card date is when it was sold not when it was made and unscrupulous sellers have been known to fill in blank cards). If it’s covered by the remaining warranty it’s all good. If there is no warranty you might have to fettle it rather sooner than you might expect and get stuck with the bill.

These are remarkably good watches, 2500D has proven itself to be a very reliable and accurate movement at this stage and the nice thin case makes it sit really well on the wrist, great dial and bezel too. Enjoy wearing it mate and nice deal you got, I’d go for it as there aren’t that many of these still BNIB.

Thank you for your feedback
I slept on it and I really Hesitant to proceed with this bay as I can find a watch with a mint condition less than 3K price. I will see the market again decide

Yes the price doesn’t sound too bad and if you like the gloss dial it’s a great watch. I would be wary of the warranty status though. Bear in mind the watch could have been manufactured 5+ years ago and already need a service ( the card date is when it was sold not when it was made and unscrupulous sellers have been known to fill in blank cards). If it’s covered by the remaining warranty it’s all good. If there is no warranty you might have to fettle it rather sooner than you might expect and get stuck with the bill.

thank you for your feedback
The guy Im buying from clearly stated that this is a stored watch that got bought 2021. And he also took a picture of the warranty card where the date of purchase is written (03-02-2021).
By the way, does the watch need a service every 5 years or so even if its working will?

thank you for your feedback
The guy Im buying from clearly stated that this is a stored watch that got bought 2021. And he also took a picture of the warranty card where the date of purchase is written (03-02-2021).
By the way, does the watch need a service every 5 years or so even if its working will?
Be aware that a date on the card doesn't make the warranty valid on its own, it needs to have been sold by an AD or Boutique and recorded as such. If it has a dealer stamp on the card too that is a reassuring sign, but it could still be ok without. For example, if it were originally sourced from Joma or similar grey dealer, Omega's 5 year warranty would not be valid AFAIK. I'm not trying to put you off, I would just be sure that the warranty applies if you are paying that price. The cover is for 5 years so on a 2021 watch you will have 4 years peace of mind that way and any problems are fixed for free. Back when the warranty was just one year it was less important, but the current 5 year coverage is really worth having.

Modern Omegas can run for nearly 10 without showing ill effects in many cases, but the usual service interval is around 7-10 years. Don't buy into the hype that the co-axial escapement makes for massively longer service intervals. It doesn't.

The watch you are looking at is probably just fine, I'm just making you aware that you can't take everything at face value.
Edited:

Be aware that a date on the card doesn't make the warranty valid on its own, it needs to have been sold by an AD or Boutique and recorded as such. If it has a dealer stamp on the card too that is a reassuring sign, but it could still be ok without. For example, if it were originally sourced from Joma or similar grey dealer, Omega's 5 year warranty would not be valid AFAIK. I'm not trying to put you off, I would just be sure that the warranty applies if you are paying that price. The cover is for 5 years so on a 2021 watch you will have 4 years peace of mind that way and any problems are fixed for free. Back when the warranty was just one year it was less important, but the current 5 year coverage is really worth having.

Modern Omegas can run for nearly 10 without showing ill effects in many cases, but the usual service interval is around 7-10 years. Don't buy into the hype that the co-axial escapement makes for massively longer service intervals. It doesn't.

The watch you are looking at is probably just fine, I'm just making you aware that you can't take everything at face value.

No worries I actually feeling quite the opposite as I’m a newbie in this relm. As I thought the date on the warranty means the same date it got purchased in. To be honest Im not that conserned about the watch it selfe as I know the guy selling me. What Im conserned about is the price. The watch goes for ~2860$ and after shipping and taxes it reaches 3447$. I don’t want to rush this and later find a watch not necessarily new but in mint condition with a very discounted price.

I’m no expert at this either, but didn’t they move the date widow to the 6 o’clock position after the new model was released in 2018? Your watch looks like the previous generation. Still a beautiful piece.

I’m no expert at this either, but didn’t they move the date widow to the 6 o’clock position after the new model was released in 2018? Your watch looks like the previous generation. Still a beautiful piece.
Yes, indeed this is the previous generation.
As I said I didn’t like the new generation that much, the watch is bigger at 42mm, thicker by 0.7 mm, and the lug to lug is 50mm while the previous gen is 47mm. In addition to this, the watch style can be dressed up or down while the new one is too sporty for that

I have that model with the black dial and I love it. If I recall, the retail price on this reference was $4,400, so a discount of about 25% for an unused new in box example with papers sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

I have that model with the black dial and I love it. If I recall, the retail price on this reference was $4,400, so a discount of about 25% for an unused new in box example with papers sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.
It is good deal with out a doubt if Im seeking BNIB
But sometimes I say isn’t it better to save more with good preowened watch

These SMPc (which are referred to sometimes) are amazing, and future classics. The first with ceramic, and the only non-wave dial of the SMP300 lineup. Something tell me these will be highly collectible in the future. You got an amazing price.

2500D sometimes gets overlooked because of the newer METAS cal. in the new SMP; but the 2500D is no slouch.