Forums Latest Members
  1. Petroleum Apr 9, 2021

Bought this lovely Swiss made Certina special edition some time ago, but to my surprise, theres are not many groups for people talking about them. What is your opinion on them?

Screenshot_20210405-175238_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20210405-175300_Facebook.jpg
    marco, wagudc and Spruce like this.
  2. vintage hab Apr 9, 2021

Petroleum and connieseamaster like this.
  3. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Apr 9, 2021

Very nice watches although I believe that they are difficult to service and source parts for, as compared to Omega and Longines

Petroleum likes this.
  4. Canuck Apr 9, 2021

Certina used mostly Kurth Freres movements, back in the day. Depending on the vintage of the watch and the calibre of the movement, parts availability may be a problem. But that is a common problem with many older watches.

Petroleum, wagudc and Spruce like this.
  5. Donn Chambers Apr 9, 2021

The OP’s watch is a modern version that uses an ETA or Sellita movement, so should be easy to service by any watchmaker.

I like Certina watches — I recently bought a quartz chrono as my “beater” watch. I think one reason you don’t see more of them in the US at least is because there aren’t a lot (any?) US-based ADs for them, or weren’t until recently. I have seen them all over Europe in shop windows, but never in the US.