Is Casio as good as a Rolex?

Posts
980
Likes
5,689
Watches are kind of like dogs. There are no bad dogs. The one you have is always the best.

This is perfect. I have to remember this.


I had to hunt for this Casio and find it on the secondary market. I also baby it a little wanting to keep the case and bracelet in relative good condition. I assume that would be my experience with a Rolex.

Of course it didn’t cost anything close to a Rolex and a NOS secondary market example was half the price of what it originally cost at retail.

 
Posts
6,473
Likes
22,004
This is perfect. I have to remember this.


I had to hunt for this Casio and find it on the secondary market. I also baby it a little wanting to keep the case and bracelet in relative good condition. I assume that would be my experience with a Rolex.

Of course it didn’t cost anything close to a Rolex and a NOS secondary market example was half the price of what it originally cost at retail.

Tron watch?
 
Posts
6,473
Likes
22,004
During my 2 deployments, I wore a G shock along most of my unit.

Speaking of unpopular wars, I found my Desert Storm watch, minus rubber strap.

 
Posts
980
Likes
5,689
Tron watch?

Yep. Casio called the design “time tunnel” when it launched, but trademark issues aside (and to an 80s kid) it can’t be anything other than the Tron.

 
Posts
980
Likes
5,689
My dad was a VA doctor for much of his career. He only wore watches he bought at the VA store..... Casios.
 
Posts
3,302
Likes
9,933
No! Casios are better. More accurate, cheaper, lighter, more rugged and you wont get mugged because of its value.
 
Posts
5,312
Likes
53,994
No! Casios are better. More accurate, cheaper, lighter, more rugged and you wont get mugged because of its value.
Unless you live in a trailer park where all the Rolex's are fake but the Casio's are the real deal.
 
Posts
11,004
Likes
54,963
I love this stuff when I run into clients who have maintained Casio and or Invicta collections they cherish more or just as much as Rolex or even VC. I love how they show me their watch collection while paying little attention to a vintage Seiko, modern omega etc. I might be wearing. it doesn’t matter, for sometimes years they kept their collection going while living in tents or homeless shelters.

I have given away to many of them a number of their first auto or mechanical watches. To them they might as well been a Rolex.

I must admit I’m hitting the end now as I tried to reivive someone I had given a vintage Bulova too to no avail and it’s stuck in my damn head.

Needless to say these watches regardless how long the clients had them reminded them of something back home, before it went sideways.

I’m just at the end of my journey. It doesn’t matter if I have them something vintage with an old leather strap or a “modern”shiny bracelet. God bless them all. Is Casio better than Rolex, I know the people to ask.
Edited:
 
Posts
980
Likes
5,689
I love this stuff when I run into clients who have maintained Casio and or Invicta collections they cherish more or just as much as Rolex or even VC. I love how they show me their watch collection while paying little attention to a vintage Seiko, modern omega etc. it doesn’t matter as for sometimes years they kept their collection going while living in tents or homeless shelters.

I gave them a number of their first auto or mechanical watches. To them they might as well been a Rolex.

I must admit I’m hitting the end now as I tried to reivive someone I had given a vintage Bulova too to no avail and it’s stuck in my damn head.

Needless to say these watches regardless how long the clients had them reminded them of something back home, before it went sideways.

I’m just at the end of my journey. It doesn’t matter if I have them something vintage with an old leather strap or a “modern”shiny bracelet. God bless them all. Is Casio better than Rolex, I know the people to ask.

I think the individual moments matter even if it doesn’t seem to make an observable difference to an indifferent universe. It’s a zero sum game for everyone in the end, but you’re still right to share sentimental objects and acts of kindness along the way. Those things mattered to the people that needed them, even if for a moment.
 
Posts
2,053
Likes
5,577
Interesting discussion. I own a few watches. Not a lot of "high end" - a couple of Omegas and a vintage dress Rolex might just about sneak into that category. However, If I was asked which of my watches I'd choose if I was only allowed one, I would take one of these for their practical utility 😏
 
Posts
6
Likes
12
Speaking of unpopular wars, I found my Desert Storm watch, minus rubber strap.

Thank you for your service and also wow that’s a good looking watch!!

I never served (wanted to at first but my disability prevented me from enlisting) but I did have a solar radio controlled G-Shock digital I owned for six yrs now and it’s great and still amazing!!! Takes a licking and keeps on ticking, as the old Timex adage goes.
 
Posts
15,937
Likes
47,853
I wonder how many Rolex watches you’ll find in a landfill!
 
Posts
88
Likes
181
Casio is to go out for a beer.
There’s no such thing as just one beer🍻