Forums Latest Members

Is $300 for a NOS Waltham a good deal?

1. sirkrimzon Feb 9, 2019

2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Feb 9, 2019

If you like then no reason why not. However, the seller makes no mention of service so this will need to be done.

3. nttisch23 Feb 9, 2019

Looks really nice for the price!

4. sxl2004 Feb 9, 2019

T&H is known for inflating prices quite a bit.

Tet likes this.
  5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 9, 2019

Good deal for the seller, but not for the buyer.

Cool dial but base-metal case, certainly nothing special.

6. Professor Feb 9, 2019

If manufactured today it would probably retail for about that much. Inquire about whether its been serviced and if so I'd say its probably worth it if the band is also original.

I'm wearing an NOS Russian Pobeda right now. Made in the old USSR (Marked CCCP) Beautiful untouched condition and accurate to less than one second per 24 hours, but I paid only about 35 USD for it shipping and all from Bulgaria. Not as valuable as a Waltham I'm sure but its really cool to own something this old (around 50+yrs at a guess) in such great condition that was never worn by anyone else. Still in the factory delivery box, no band ever having been fitted.

s-l1600 (4).jpg

Edited Feb 9, 2019
  7. Canuck Feb 9, 2019

No French made, manual wind “Waltham” in a gold plated case, even NOS is worth that kind of money. They have 25 of them, and at that price, they’ll sit on them for years. Wait until they’re desperate, then hit them with a low ball offer.

8. Dan S Feb 9, 2019

I can only echo the comments from @X350 XJR and @Canuck. Waltham's from that era are not particularly desirable.

9. vintagemillenial Feb 9, 2019

Ive been looking at their site recently, you can defiantly find better deals elsewhere. They are charging a premium because of their social media presence, which a lot of other places do not have. Im pretty sure the majority of their watches are bought off collectors, i am making the assumption that they charge more because they are not making much profit without the high premium.

For example, they have a Rolex passport holder listed on their website for close to $100, you can find passport holders from the same year in better condition for around $50 on eBay.