Forums Latest Members

Introduction/Identification of Omega Vintage Pocket Watch (15 Jewels)

1. aangelsalazarr Jun 2, 2019

Hello to all! I am a new member on here. Well, new in the sense that I am finally getting around to being active on here as I have been very busy with college. I am very new to watches, and extremely new to vintage watches. I would say that my interests of watches stems from my interests in existential philosophy and every film (EVER) I have watched about time travel (because there is always a watchmaker in said films haha). I am very much looking forward to being part of this community. I have recently received A Guide to Complicated Watches by F. Lecoultre as a gift and plan to work on my watch repairing skills/knowledge this summer! Two days ago I purchased a vintage omega via Ebay's Auction system. I am wondering if anyone could help me identify/provide useful info about the pocket watch? I intend to keep this as it is my first pocket watch and my second REAL watch...the first being a Seiko Presage that I purchased a few months ago. Thank you to everyone in advance!! s-l500.jpg

2. aangelsalazarr Jun 2, 2019

I am not sure how to add additional pictures without them being very small.... I have quite a few other pictures that show the movement and casebook lid... will try and post those in a bigger format so they are able to be better seen

3. aangelsalazarr Jun 2, 2019

4. aangelsalazarr Jun 2, 2019

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 3, 2019

You have a very nice Omega Lépine (crown at 12) with a caliber 37.5L dating to 1935 (plus/minus a year or so).
    The dial may be silvered, but it's hard to tell from the photograph, the blued steel hands are "Plume" style and the numerals are standard Arabic style.
    The 20micron plated case was made for Omega by Fabrique de Boites Bielna SA of Biel/Bienne, Switzerland.
    (Also under the name of Kessi Frères S.A.)

[​IMG]

Edited Jun 3, 2019
    aangelsalazarr likes this.