Forums Latest Members
  1. PatrickK Apr 9, 2015

Hi, Omega newbie here, been lurking for quite a while trying to learn what I can. Recently purchased my first, a 50's Bumper from Kyle and need to find a watchmaker in Phoenix AZ to get it serviced. I know Tim Mackrain is in Phoenix. Does anyone recommend him or anyone else in the Phoenix area? Thanks for your reply and for this great educational forum. Patrick
    50's Bumper.jpg

2. PatrickJ Apr 11, 2015

Your on the right foru to find a watchmaker.

3. Geo! Apr 11, 2015

Nice choice, I love these old bumpers. I serviced two over the last month, a 344 and a 351, and was well impressed with the build quality. Now they both hold excellent time, that would put a lot of modern watches to shame! :)

4. bristnj Apr 11, 2015

If you are not dead set on someone in AZ, I can highly recommend a very experienced watchmaker on PA. Richard Awiza at RA Time (www.ratime.com). He can fully service/repair movement and take care of whatever other needs you may want or desire with case/crystal. Beautiful patina on that dial, I hope your not looking to do anything with it! Good luck. Jeff

5. PatrickJ Apr 11, 2015

I looked at pictures of an ETA 2892, it did not look as substantial as my cal 600 and cal 565. I am biased of course. But yes the old models do put some new ones to shame

Geo! likes this.
  6. PatrickK Apr 12, 2015

Thanks for the replies. Not dead set on someone in AZ; just didn't want to have it shipped again with it being my first. Kind of like with my first kid; was afraid to drive him home from the hospital. Was an old pro by the second one though. I've read enough on the forum to know not to do much to the watch. Just a service, nothing to the dial, and no polishing. Any watchmaker recommendations for a service are greatly appreciated. Thanks again.