Forums Latest Members

Introduction and question on one of my old Seamaster's

1. Replicant Jun 29, 2012

Hi, my name is Erik. I am a long time watch collector and have only recently discovered this board. I have had an interest in Omega's from the beginning. I had several lucky finds when it came to Omega's. My small collection of vintage Omega's include three Seamaster's, a C case Constellation, a white gold dress watch and even an old rectangular Tissot. My question is regarding the Seamaster below. I was given this watch by my dad who received it from his uncle. It appears to be fairly standard with a 552 movement. My question is the originality of the dial. On one hand the dial does not have that glossy redial look with impressions around the indices that are a usual give away to me. The lume has a nice patina and is dead. On the other hand the concern I have is that the font looks a little rough. I would love to hear your feedback.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 29, 2012

Very nice!

3. Replicant Jun 29, 2012

I just realized that the wrist shot is of another Seamaster that has a refinished dial. My mistake. This is the wrist shot of the watch in question.

[​IMG]

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 29, 2012

The printing incorrect, actually really bad, the green lume is also a giveaway, Omega did not use green lume
    and it is not well applied, the second track is off as well.

5. Replicant Jun 29, 2012

I had a feeling. Thanks.

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 29, 2012

The watch itself looks very nice, a properly restored dial would really make it pop.

7. ulackfocus Jun 29, 2012

There's plenty of refinished dials around. My first Omega purchase was a vintage Constellation franken with a redial over 6 years ago.

8. Replicant Jun 29, 2012

It was a free bee. If the opportunity comes along, I will get a better dial on it. The case is fair and while the crown is an Omega, it is not correct. The movement looks good and the case back is decent with a nice seamonster. Truthfully, I have never worn the watch.