Forums Latest Members

Introduction And Question About Gmt W/power Reserve Indications

1. Cvicisso Nov 11, 2012

Hi - new to the forum and to watch collecting. I recently retired (from my first career - I still have to work though!) and want to finally 'reward' myself with a decent (vintage) watch... And collect them. :)

I really like 24 hour watches so I was leaning toward a Glycine Airman, but... I really like Omegas too. So, I think a GMT would be a good compromise to a 'true' 24 hr face (I want to be able to read two time zones).

Next, I like watches with power reserve indicators, and was wondering if Omega ever made one with both (GMT and power reserve indicator)? Also, it has to be automatic.

Thanks in advance!

2. smithrjd Nov 11, 2012

GMT, a power reserve indicator, and an automatic movement on one watch is rather hard to find. The only one that comes to mind is an Orient, perhaps some older Seiko's. Omega I do not believe ever had both, nor Gylcine either.

3. ulackfocus Nov 11, 2012

Isn't there a modern De Ville with those features?

4. Cvicisso Nov 11, 2012

I looked for one @ Omega but couldn't find one with both (GMT + p/r). Then I came here.

5. smithrjd Nov 11, 2012

There is a GMT De Ville, that is an automatic but I would have to look to see if it has a power reserve indicator. Not used to those on an Omega.

6. smithrjd Nov 11, 2012

Well there is a De Ville with all of those features, but it is not cheap... De Ville 422 series. It is a modern De Ville however.

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 11, 2012

If you really like the idea of a GMT with power reserve and automatic, the only good one I can think of is the Panerai 321. I will say though, a power reserve is not very useful on an automatic, as any modern watch will be full all the time anyway.

pam321_01.jpg

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 11, 2012

Moved thread to modern topics since power reserve and GMT were not really vintage complications for Omega