Forums Latest Members

Introduction and explanation why I have only one watch..

1. aldindubo Aug 5, 2016

Hi guys,

New member here. I'm Aldin, born in former Yugoslavia (now Bosnia), I live in the Netherlands and I'm a law student.

I'm not really into watches, however, I can appreciate a nice luxury watch. On the other side, I am really into electric guitars.

After having owned Breitlings, Tag Heuers and Omega's I have found out that Omega is, in my current situation,my favorite brand.

I said in my current situation, because I am a firm believer in the saying "Buy what you can afford and not what you can buy". Actually my favorite watch is the Rolex Submariner (ceramic) and I could save up for several months and buy one, but that is not going to happen until the moment my monthly salary will be around $10K.

So I went looking for the perfect Omega. It had to be a diver, with more than 200WR, with a diving bezel (which I use a lot for measuring time length during ordinary every day things), most simple as possible automatic movement (did not want a Co-axial!), smaller size and with all original papers and boxes.

The only I had was the Seamaster 300M Professional. However, I did not like the Bond-version. So I got myself a 2054.50.00, which is the full size sword hands Seamaster! However, after owning it for a while I found out that the size is too big for my taste. So I got rid of it and kept looking and looking.. And finally bought the mid size model of the same watch! It has only a different, but better looking, bracelet.

I was actually planning to buy a Datejust, but I couldn't after all due to the lack of the minimal 200WR, lack of diving bezel and the cheapy looking and feeling clasp.

The reason why I have only watch is.. Well, because I never take my watch off (ony when doing dishes and dirty/heavy duty stuff). So I see no point in owning more watches, since you can wear only one at time. It suits all of my dressing styles, it is small and light enough for me to wear it comfortable and too almost forget I'm wearing a watch. A watch should draw only a little attention, just like a beautiful smile, face, or teeth , but it should not draw all the attention to the watch, so the people not notice you.

Some might call me crazy for getting rid of the full size 2252.50.00 sword hands Seamaster and getting the mid size version of it, but is my perfect watch!

[​IMG]

BTW: if there's anyone out there who has a 1612/932 bracelet with clasp I might be interested in it!

Elias564, ahartfie, ktc and 9 others like this.
  2. nurseford25 Aug 5, 2016

Welcome to the forum. That is a great one watch to have as your one and only. Give it time. If you stick around this forum long enough you will get the itch to get another. I would love to have just one but why when there are so many great watches?!!

3. ulackfocus Aug 5, 2016

If you have only one watch, you always know exactly what time it is.

Plus, you're probably the most sane member here.

ps - bonus points if you own a Charvel or Ibanez in iridescent green and post a picture.

4. aldindubo Aug 5, 2016

I don't think so. Many said it before and after owning many Breitling, Tags and Omega's, I still have only one watch. Only necessity will change my mind. My current guitar is away for repair, so I'm uot of guitars. Luckily, my future second guitar is being built right now for me!

Hehe, I'm sorry man...

[​IMG]

alam, Tritium and Foo2rama like this.
  5. ctpete Aug 5, 2016

No need to take THAT watch off when doing the dishes!

Very nice. I have one of those myself.

6. ulackfocus Aug 5, 2016

A Gibson Les Paul will do. If it was good enough for Ace Frehley, Jimmy Page, and Slash, it's good enough for ΩFs.

7. aldindubo Aug 5, 2016

I do not want food remains getting stuck in the bracelet... or on the outer side of the watch case

Yeah, it works, lol. Even though mine is not a '59 (the guitar that currently is being built for me will be a 1959 Replica), my 1993 Historic is a really rare one, because it is the 20th '57 Historic that was made at the Custom Shop when Gibson started the CS back in 1993. The Sunburts go for crazy money, there's some guy on Ebay asking $7600,- for his number 48 (9 3048), while I have number 20 (7 3020). So I need to look after my guitar, can't go crazy on it.. :p

8. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Aug 5, 2016

c'mon dennis ...

you'd want one of those 2... :whistling:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

::rimshot::::rimshot::::rimshot::::rimshot::

9. aldindubo Aug 5, 2016

Man, I used to have an '80s Kramer Baretta with rosewood board. I loved it.. I still miss the one pickup simplicity and the Floyd Rose.

10. SeanO Aug 5, 2016

congratulations for bucking the trend and sizing down rather than up.

it looks good on the wrist and you can pick up a couple of neat straps (nice lizard and rubber) for a change up.

:thumbsup:

Silver Bullet likes this.
  11. alam Aug 5, 2016

No, we won't call you crazy for your statement above...on the other hand, you have only one watch? really? :cautious: this is our only concern about your state of mind and well being, please seek professional help immediately ... :p

12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 5, 2016

When you have one watch that you feel is a part of you (or "sings" to you - I hate that soppy WUS term) then having just one is excusable.

And when the one is as simple and elegant as yours, why look further.

I'm not a fan of the Seamaster Pro series but seeing that one, hmmmmmm..........I may have to look around.

BTW, what sort of scoot do you ride?

13. jfo2010 Aug 6, 2016

If you're only gonna have one then the 2054 Omega is as good as any!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. aldindubo Aug 6, 2016

I've almost bought a Vespa,but changed my mind on the last moment. Vespa's are popular for thieves here, so I did not want pay $4000,- and then to get it stolen. So I bought a white Sym Mio Anniversary Edition. You will see girls more often on Mio's, but lookswise, reliability wise and the fact they are not even close to the popularity for thievesas the Vespa is, makes this one a winner. I already have it four years and never had a problem with it.

JimInOz likes this.
  15. aldindubo Aug 6, 2016

So here are some pictures that give you a good idea of the actual size. I have a flat and wide 6,75" wrist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yester5, Knezz and ahartfie like this.
  16. chich Aug 6, 2016

Count yourself lucky you're happy with just one watch. A few weeks on these forums and you may end up changing your mind... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 6, 2016

Nice, I like the black bezel/black dial combo. :thumbsup:

I think it would match my scooter. :D

Vespa1_31JUL16.JPG

Vespa2_31JUL2016.JPG

18. ulackfocus Aug 6, 2016